TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meowwings Offline
Bri;)
Not a n00b

Name: Briauna Hansen

gosh - November 26th 2010, 01:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so i don't really have a question, just a comment. I've wanted to start killing myself for a while now. But if I post a question, 61 people might look at it, but not a single person posted. Honestly, that only fuels my depression. I'm not trying to be mean and judgmental. But When I read up on someone who is having a problem thats only a few sentences long, I answer them because thats why i'm on here. To help people.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: gosh - November 26th 2010, 02:17 AM

I'm sorry that only fuels your depression. But I'll be honest, I don't comment on every thread I read. Sometimes I don't know what to say, or feel like I'm not experienced enough on the issue to help the person. I try to offer my suggestions on topics I feel comfortable talking about, that I have at least some experience in.

I do know what it feels like to be ignored, like nobody matters. There have been many times that I have posted on forums, only for that post to go unnoticed, like nobody cares.

I've always been more of a lurker than a poster; only in recent years have I begun posting more, because I hate to be ignored. There are a lot of lurkers out there.

It may not be that nobody cares; it may just be people don't know what to say. I, for one, hate when people say "I'm sorry you feel that way" or "That sucks." It's not much support for me. Here we are, on an internet forum, and one can only say so much. We can't stop you from feeling the way you do, only you can do that.

I've been depressed before; never to the point I would take my own life. I feel the only way to battle depression is to get out. To talk with people off the computer screen. It's so easier to get caught up in the online realm; been there, done that. Only real life face-to-face communication can truly make you feel better, from what I've found.

It's a heck of a lot more difficult to demand answers to their face than on an internet forum. I know that this site is here for support; and that's good. I know there are times I would much rather talk about something to strangers than to people I know personally. Your reputation is on the line so much more in the real world.

I do believe there's an instant help option here, though, where you're guaranteed a response. http://www.teenhelp.org/helplink/

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: gosh - November 27th 2010, 04:25 AM

I'm sorry that it add to your depression but sometimes some post but my reply in a nutshell

Closed Thread