TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sleepwalker Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,952, Level: 14 Points: 9,952, Level: 14 Points: 9,952, Level: 14

Telling doctor about suicidal thoughts? - December 12th 2010, 01:36 AM

I'm just wondering if this would be a good or bad idea. I have an unrelated doctor appointment sometime next week (it's not scheduled yet, but I'm thinking of going maybe on Thursday), and I was thinking about telling her about my depression/suicidal thoughts. I'm hoping she can give me some references of places to go or what to do, because I have absolutely no clue and no one else to talk to or ask.

The only problem is, I don't want to be sent to a mental hospital for my suicidal thoughts, so I'm afraid to mention it. I mean, I wouldn't mind going because I think it'd help, but I have three kids at home that I am responsible for at the moment, and it would be a hassle for someone else to have to take them.

So, maybe I should leave out the part about the suicide? Just tell her I've been feeling depressed? I guess it isn't necessary for her to know the details, right? Although... What if she asks? Do I flat out lie? Or just try to make it not sound as bad?

Maybe she wouldn't do anything about it either way... But I'm afraid to take that chance, you know?

So... yeah. I'm just tired of this and want help. Any thoughts?

How far do I have to go to make you understand?
I wanna make this work so much it hurts...
But I just can't keep on giving, go on living with the way things are.
So I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say how far...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Telling doctor about suicidal thoughts? - December 12th 2010, 04:00 AM

Hey there,

I think it is great that you want help for all of this. Reaching out for help is such a big step in overcoming these feelings. I think you should definitely go for it. Tell the doctor what you feel comfortable with. Maybe you could explain to her that you are feeling depressed and let her know if she can give you any references or if she can direct you on where to go from there.

Letting someone know about all of this is such a great thing and I hope it goes well.

Jenna
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Points: 10,123, Level: 14 Points: 10,123, Level: 14 Points: 10,123, Level: 14

Re: Telling doctor about suicidal thoughts? - December 12th 2010, 05:36 AM

tell the dr the truth about what you are feeling but tell her that you are not going to do something stupid that you want help with out going away.
Hoped I helped Harley
Closed Thread