TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Question Is this depression? - December 14th 2010, 02:03 AM

All I do is hurt. I get dressed for school and slip my clothes on over the body I hate. It's disgusting. No wonder he ditched ne. I would too if I could. I go to school. I don't wanna talk to or look at or be seen by anyone. They're nice enough. I have friends there. But I don't wanna be around them or anyone. I can't feel anything but hurt. All through classes. I can't focus. I get home and try to smile for my parents. But after a day of smilng for everyone at school I'm tired. I lock myself in my room. I just lay there on the floor. And try to sing all the pain out of myself. It doesn't go away. So I cut. And now all I feel is phsical hurt. Then I lay awake all night and try not to cry, not that I can control it lately. Then I do it all again. Not a moment of feeling okay

Just Keep Breathing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
C.L.Hoyt Offline
Director of Teen Choice Progra
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Curtis L.Hoyt

Re: Is this depression? - December 14th 2010, 02:10 AM

Yes that is depression.

but let me help you I just want to talk to you. Email me (kara.hoyt37@yahoo.com)

C.L.Hoyt
TCP Director
  Send a message via Yahoo to C.L.Hoyt  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Is this depression? - December 14th 2010, 02:51 AM

I promise you that you're beautiful. You say you disgust yourself but I promise you, you're the most critical person of yourself. Relax and try to not have to force a smile (easier said than done, I know, but from personal experience it's much more worthwhile). I take it you have very little self worth. Think of it like this, would your friends be your friends if they thought so as well? You're an amazing person and I promise all your pain is from your view of yourself and I also promise you that, as hard as it is to believe, not everything is your fault. I know making all these promises seems stupid or impossible to keep, but it's all a matter of perspective and I'm seeing you from mine

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#4 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Re: Is this depression? - December 14th 2010, 03:44 AM

That is depression if you need to talk to anyone please talk to me or someone that you trust if you can go to the doctors and that will referll you to a psychitrest or an therapist or bolth they can give you meds for the depression and you can talk to them

(#5 (permalink)) Old
devnty06 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this depression? - December 16th 2010, 10:04 AM

Hi Blair... how do you do???
first love yourself, dress nicely don't bother what others feel, throw away the thought of him... pretend as if nothing has happened...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: Is this depression? - December 16th 2010, 04:39 PM

It sounds extremely similar
Back when i felt like that, i was prescribed with 'Mild Depression' but i knew myself that it was more severe than that.
I think we both know that it's depression but i really hope you will go to the doctors with this information.
I know it's scary, and when i got the guts to do it, i had a panic attack in the clinic room, but he gave me Cipralex and i got alot better.
I no longer have depression

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Is this depression? - December 16th 2010, 06:10 PM

Hello there.

It seems that you could do with talking to somebody about it. Possible suggestions are somebody at home or a doctor- Your doctor should be able to refer you to a counselor; who you can talk over your feelings with.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Is this depression? - December 20th 2010, 02:04 AM

Y'all are very nice but it seems you have misjudged me. I don't go to doctors with problems like this. I call my doctor when I have the flu or something. Nothing the medical types (that's doctors and shrinks of all kinds) can do for me. I have a miserable life not a seratonin imbalance. Thankyou though, it's really nice that you would take the time to give m advice

Just Keep Breathing

(#9 (permalink)) Old
xX-anna-Xx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: helllo , im anna (:

Re: Is this depression? - December 20th 2010, 03:01 AM

hellllo blair.
yes you have depression , i have / had that same feeling your feeling now.
if its not treated , it could lead to something worse like it did with me. i get what you mean about the whole doctor things. try talking to a councler or something. or to anyone you feel you can trust or good around.
it might help , i know just talking about things or writing them down always makes me feeel a little betteer or sometimes alot better. i know cutting helps it seems. but it doesnt , its reallly just a little closer to death everytime you cut.
i may sound like a hypocrite because i've beeen an cutter on and off for the past 2 years. but , i've also just learned that over the past few weeks.
but , if you ever need me or anything you can always PM me and we can just talk about anything. sure we all got our problems but im glad to be ablet o help someone else out and help them not going through everything i had to unless its your faith.
hope this helps you (:

xX-AnnaNichole-Xx

(#10 (permalink)) Old
CitizenErased Offline
Erase all the memories
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aidan

Re: Is this depression? - December 21st 2010, 07:33 PM

It sounds like you could be depressed. But its important to know that Depression isnt just a straight forward, simple diagnosis. It affects everyone in different ways. There is help out there, and trust me, it will make you feel better. It will take time, its not gonna happen overnight, but you need to stay positive and listen to any advice that people give you. You ARE beautiful. Think positive!

HelpLINK Mentor:
27/12/2010

LiveHelp Operator
04/01/2011

Wash me away
Clean your body of me
Erase all the memories
They will only bring us pain
And I've seen all I'll ever need

Closed Thread