TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ElToroLoco Offline
Sometimes fun costs you...
Average Joe

Name: Zorro

What is the point? - December 30th 2010, 08:37 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm sitting here with a plan set, and figuring out when to get the things i need to actually go through with doing this and i am scared out of my mind.
I've felt suicidal in the past, but never have i come this far with actual planing, i've never even started before. it has always been just thoughts.
What is the point? I am never gonna be happy, because i am never satisfied.
I've made progress with my social anxiety. I've gone to a couple of parties, made acquaintances, actually managed to hold conversations with girls, taken an acting class for gods sake. Things that a year ago I would have never even had dreamt of doing, and i am still about as miserable as i was back then.
I missed out on my adolescence, cant turn back time. I am ugly, cant change that. I hate everything about me, from my personality, to the color of my skin, to my smile.
Part of me wants to reach out for help, part of me is scared and worries about my family and what it would do to them. I am a coward because i want the easy way out, and i am a coward, because i am to afraid to do it.

"I hate that my blood makes me crazy. I hate that I can't function without being chemically altered...
And inside I feel like tears are streaming down my cheeks. But they're not are they...
I'm so lost inside. I wish that i could get out. But I don't think I ever will..."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: What is the point? - December 30th 2010, 01:54 PM

you're not a coward Zorro, you're just going through a hard time and that is perfectly normal. suicide is something alot of people consider and think that it's the easy way out, but its not though. you know its not. have you ever tried talking to your doctor about these things? they'll probably refer you for counselling and that may help you. even if it doesn't at least its a starting point and you'll begin to understand things about yourself.
i can see that you've been trying hard to get better doing many things over the past year. keep at it! it will help
hang in there mate, and please don't do it. burn your plan and burn the thought.
you need to find yourself and be yourself.

pm me whenever you need to talk. i'll be here..x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Meowwings Offline
Bri;)
Not a n00b

Name: Briauna Hansen

Re: What is the point? - December 30th 2010, 11:17 PM

This is the thing with most suisidal people. The plans to kill themselves usually are not premeditative. It is usually spontanious. If not, then some signs are making some physical change, like cutting their hair, then they start giving away personal possesions. I encourage you to read the book Thirteen Reasons. It is about the reasons this one person killed themself. It's very interesting and keeps you wanting to know the end. it's a very quick read, maybe a week or two, but it will make you feel better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ElToroLoco Offline
Sometimes fun costs you...
Average Joe

Name: Zorro

Re: What is the point? - December 31st 2010, 02:05 AM

I keep thinking of this one friend. well not really friend more of an acquaintance.
He has pretty much the life i want. He is attractive, in shape, he is white and tall. he is talkative, he can have the whole room listening to whatever stories or opinions he has to say. He can get any girl he wants, he is a more talented filmmaker than i'll ever be.
He parties alot and has many friends, but most of all he is happy. *sigh*
I can learn from him, i still do not know why he considers me a friend, but i am envious whenever i am around him. I am always gonna be wishing i had the life he has had and is having. The jealousy and envy are never gonna stop.
Even if i do get better, my past is still there, mocking me. Death sounds so enticing. Why not bring an end to it all. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

"I hate that my blood makes me crazy. I hate that I can't function without being chemically altered...
And inside I feel like tears are streaming down my cheeks. But they're not are they...
I'm so lost inside. I wish that i could get out. But I don't think I ever will..."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Re: What is the point? - December 31st 2010, 08:38 AM

it is not worth killing your self things WILL get better you have so much to live for you have your whole life ahead of you we are here to help you please dont do it

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: What is the point? - January 2nd 2011, 04:54 PM

Killing yourself is not the answer.
Some things wont be changed, lie your skin colour.
For things like that you need to learn to accept yourself - as you are.
But theres nothing to stop you getting into shape. Being able to command a room like you mention, is all to do with confidence, and given time you'd be able to do this too..
Nothing is unachievable. You just have to use the time and effort wisely.
I suppose thats the thing about happiness; you can appear completely content and happy when your not. The hardest thing is other peoples assumtions.
I'm am not saying that your friend isnt happy, I'm just saying that things aren't as black and white as that and sometimes not how they appear at all.
I totally appreciate your pain and wanting to kill yourself is a dreadful place to be in, but most things you've mentioned can be changed/resolved. Sometimes I've found people need to point this out to me [personally] for me to recognise it.
xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

Closed Thread