TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Unhappy Drugs? :/ - March 8th 2011, 06:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I put this in the depression section, as depression is my main issue, so please change if you think it's wrong! :/
I also suffer with anxiety. For my depression, I've started to take prozac (been on it for about 6 days), and for my anxiety I am free to take propranolol (a beta-blocker) if I feel the need.

Today, I smoked pot for the first time for a few years (my depression wasn't as bad then as it is now) then with my friend. And it really messed me up. I couldn't breathe and felt sick, and for about hour an hour sat on his staircase. He then encouraged me up the stairs, and I passed out on the journey. I woke up a bit later and was tripping due to the weed, and paranoid. I was scared and panicking and asking for him to call an ambulance because I was worrying so much and badly wanted it to end. Rather than going on for about half an hour, I was in a state for hours. I was nauseous and sleepy and sweating. I'm wondering if I did some sort of strange overdose? :/

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever been like this, or knows why I went like this? Or used/uses drugs whilst on their medication?

I'm really stressing out and shocked by it. I've learnt my lesson and don't plan on smoking it again so please don't be rude about that. I'm afraid to write any more as I've rambled on a lot.

Thank you for any help. It's much appreciated. I'm sorry if this is all wrong, I'm not sure who else to tell =/

I should also mention that my depression has been quite severe lately, and I've been suicidal, and I guess stressed out? If that helps anything or explains my overreaction to the drug.

Last edited by Alexx; March 8th 2011 at 07:10 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Drugs? :/ - March 9th 2011, 03:42 AM

Hello Alex,
Often the use of dangerous substances in conjunction with the prescription drugs you are taking can cause very dangerous interactions and unexpected side-effects like the one you experienced. Often times it can indeed be life-threatening, hence why there are often warning instructions with the medication or on the bottle not to take them with alcohol, certain other drugs, and things like that. If you are still unwell I'd recommend seeking medical attention.

Depression is a tough struggle, but I believe you have the strength to get through it, and that happier days lay ahead.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: Drugs? :/ - March 9th 2011, 05:37 AM

Using drugs will make your depression worse. Marijuana is one of the worst drugs to take while depressed, it leads you deeper and deeper into a state of anxiety and depression, until the high can no longer be achieved and you have to use other drugs. People who use drugs and alcohol often find their depression comes back 10 fold when using substances, since they arent solving their problems, simply running away from them.

Best of Luck,
Nick.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Liberator Offline
Pariah
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrew

Re: Drugs? :/ - March 9th 2011, 05:47 AM

Yeah, it's called psychosis. Happens to some people that smoke weed; on that note I wouldn't smoke anymore.

I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. -Nietzsche

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road. -Stephen Hawking

Closed Thread