TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

feeling really upset today :'( - April 27th 2011, 08:08 PM

So yeah as the title says, feeling really upset today and just fed up of everything My self harm scars are really upsetting me atm. I just want them to go away! I don't like them being there and they just seem to wreck everything! I don't want my date to see them, I'm terrified of him knowing and I have to wear long sleeves ALL the time even when it's absolutely boiling and my parents keep giving me odd looks about it. And at the same time I'm fighting the urge to do it again because it's just been ingrained into me and it's almost as if it's addictive even though I *know* it doesn't solve anything. I bought some new lingerie today and it looks really nice but then I just see the scars on my arms and legs and I just look hideous

And now my counsellor won't see me anymore I've seen her a few times and it was helping but now she keeps cancelling on me and can't see me for another 2months and I just don't know what to do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: feeling really upset today :'( - April 27th 2011, 08:28 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're feeling so down lately, and I'm sorry your scars are making things worse for you. I want you to know, that hiding the scars wont be possible all of your life. There's going to have to come a time when you accept that you have them, and just let yourself be healthy and cool when wearing long sleeves is an issue. The fact of the matter is, they're there now, and there's little to nothing you can do about that. The sooner you forget they're there, the sooner you'll be less worried about them being exposed.

I know SH is addictive and hard to come off of once you've gotten to the addicted stage, so I'm going to go ahead and send you this link now, and hopefully it will help you out in some way. It's a list of alternatives, and while not all of them will work, some will, you just need to find them.

http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives

I hope you feel better soon and find a way to accept the scars and prevent new ones. PM me if you ever want to talk as I'm happy to help however I can.

Take care and smile always,
- Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: feeling really upset today :'( - April 27th 2011, 10:13 PM

i'm not quite sure how I can accept these scars. I'm always going to be judged because of my past. I ALWAYS get asked about them if I ever wear short sleeves and I hate it! And there's absolutely no way I can tell my parents about them so I haven't got much choice but to hide.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Porcelain Child Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Claire

Re: feeling really upset today :'( - April 28th 2011, 03:40 PM

Have you tried wearing bracelets to cover them or even sweat bands over your wrist.. Or maybe try bio oil to make them less visible.. PM anytime..
  Send a message via MSN to Porcelain Child Send a message via Skype™ to Porcelain Child 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: feeling really upset today :'( - April 28th 2011, 07:43 PM

They're literally all the way up my arms from my wrist to my shoulder so sweat bands / bracelets are no good Yeah I've tried bio oil but they're still really prominant - really red & raised

Closed Thread