TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Im stuck - May 2nd 2011, 09:49 PM

I've been taking meds for my depression and anxiety for a while now. Like a few years ish. I've really gotten to the point where I'm sick of taking them. I'm sick of having to go home to take a pill when I just want to sleep at my friends house. I hate having to hide it in public and in school. I feel like I'm not even my own person any more. It's almost as if my medicine defines me. For example, I give my parents a hard time about taking them every night. My dad will say "You need to take these" I'll reply no and he ill go on and on about how I MUST take them so I wont get "sick" and I can't function.

I'm so tired of this. I'm not and don't think I ever was at the point where I needed medicine to keep me sane. Yes, at one point it helped a great deal. But now it's not. The side effects have caused so much more pain then I would have had without it. I'm glued to the bed , exhausted as hell day after day just to have my mom yell at me to get out of bed and to miss more school work because I'm so tired. I have random twitches that annoy the hell out of me and sometimes keep me awake at night. And my hands shake when I'm trying to concentrate on something which was pretty much the reason I was failing art class.

So my solution? To stop taking them! That would be anybody's solution at this point right? I mean I've tried talking to my parents and they think I'll go insane or something without them. I've talked to my phyciatrist who told me to hang in there a little longer....6 months ago. The problem is I've been on medicine so long and I'm at such a high dose I'm not supposed to just stop. I'm supposed to weene (or however you spell it) off it by taking lesser and lesser amounts at a time. But, since no one is allowing me to do that and we only have the one size pills. I have just stopped. Yes, I know it's not the best thing. I've tried before and always ended up back on them but this time I'm not giving up. I'm so sick of being a puppet I just want to be myself. I don't even care how I am mentally at this point. I'm just so done with medicine. I mean, they can't force me to take the medicine right?

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: Im stuck - May 3rd 2011, 11:54 PM

Hey Alessa
First off, that is a gorgeous name. Wow! Now, as for your issue. Honestly, take it up with your doctor. If he/she feels like you are well enough to function without them, then problem solved. Just remember that you have to be 100% honest. If you disagree, try talking to another doctor. I'm in your corner, if you ever need a talk
Toz

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im stuck - May 4th 2011, 12:53 AM

Thanks
But that's the thing. My phyciatrist I won't see for another month and when I do, I doubt he will agree to taking me off the meds. I feel like my only way out is to just stop myself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Im stuck - May 4th 2011, 01:18 AM

I have stopped taking my depression pills too I know how you feel. I dont know why I would rather be depressed than take the pills I guess Im just weird. i dont get why its so hard for me to take the pill. I think my therapsit is getting frustrated with me.

huggsss
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: Im stuck - May 4th 2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessa (>**)> View Post
Thanks
But that's the thing. My phyciatrist I won't see for another month and when I do, I doubt he will agree to taking me off the meds. I feel like my only way out is to just stop myself.
Can you at least call your therapist and talk for a bit over the phone?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im stuck - May 4th 2011, 09:47 PM

So I guess my mom called and I'm seeing him tomorrow. I just doubt he will agree to letting me go off of them.

Closed Thread