TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

sad :( - May 9th 2011, 08:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

day in day out i have to go through this same shit. i can't cope anymore. i feel so sad and miserable. I keep alternating between cuttin and overdosing. im scared im gonna do something really stupid soon. ive already made a plan to end everything after my exams but im afraid i won't be able to wait that long. it's only a few weeks but right now i just wanna slit my wrists, overdose till i pass out and just f*ing kill myself.
Saba you are so stupid. You're a disgrace. you don't deserve to live. Stupid stupid Saba

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mandiie.Love Offline
Nature... ♥
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mandiie McFarland

Re: sad :( - May 10th 2011, 11:15 AM

Instead of cutting or overdosing, try talking to someone that you actually trust. (Honesty, with me, I'm hypocritical) But overdosing and cutting is never a good way to make your depression go away. I don't know if anyone has shown you the alternatives page on TH, but try checking it out. They have a lot of alternatives, and for most people they work.

Need more help?
PM or VM me at anytime!
~Mandiie

PM or VM me at anytime. I check it every day. <3

~Welcome to Mandiie land. Where everything is a tad bit crazy, but she loves to help you. <3 Trust me, no matter what, judging is a word that isn't in my vocabulary. <3

Kiss me, lovely

Then walk away
Hug me tightly, beautiful
Then leave me.
:]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrimeStopper Offline
Emily
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Be content within

Re: sad :( - May 10th 2011, 05:02 PM

If you go through the same retinue day in and day out then change it! Make it more enjoyable! Join a club, or sport, or a class at the community center, or volunteer work. Only YOU can change the boring miserable daily retinue. I'm sure you would feel much better changing it and interacting with others rather then being at home.

As for the self-harm. Everyone knows that self-harm gets you no where. Subconsciously yes it does but physically and emotionally it does not. It just makes us feel more worse. You really need to come up with a alternative to your self-harm. I know you probably think I'm batty and that nothing will work. But things do work! You just have to TRY and stick to them. It will be very hard to do but once you do it makes the world of difference. Try exercise. Go for a hard core walk or sprint as far as you can. Cutting and exercise both release endorphins. Why not release them in a healthy way. Or do sit ups until your abs can not take it any longer. Take a warm bath, put your face in a bowl of ice cold water, place a frozen item from your freezer on your forehead and hold it there for at lest FIVE minutes, call someone, count backwards from 500, or say the alphabet backwards, sing a song out loud to yourself until the urges pass. Do you enjoy crossword puzzles or word finds? Do those like a mad women and do not stop till the emotions pass. Call a suicide or talk hotline! There are many ways to distract yourself from the urges, but you HAVE to stick with it!

Please try something! The idea of stopping may not feel reachable but it is! Google more ideas. There are also many sites in which you can read that try and calm you down. Deep breath. Relax yourself is the main thing. Good luck! Do not give you! You CAN beat this!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: sad :( - May 11th 2011, 05:40 PM

Thanks for your replies guys. It means alot

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: sad :( - May 12th 2011, 01:25 AM

Sounds like the same thing I think about everyday. I cut and try my hardest to cover it up then when the buzz from cutting leave then Im saving or finding pills to overdose on. I dont know why Im hanging on or what Im hanging on to but I know taht Im here and I think that you want to die but you dont want to die you just want for the pain to be over. If you ever want to talk Im here.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Smile Re: sad :( - May 12th 2011, 03:01 AM

I understand that just "getting happy" isn't as easy as it sounds. I know this from experience. Maybe instead of cutting or overdosing, you can work off steam another way. Try exercising! Once you get those muscles moving, the endorphins will start to flow. It may take some work convincing yourself to do it, but once you try it, you'll be glad that you did!

I know that we know nothing about each other, but I hope that you don't commit suicide. I care about you (in a very non-creepy way!) and it's because I know what you're going through!So keep yourself alive kid, you've got a lot to live for!

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#7 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: sad :( - May 12th 2011, 05:17 PM

Thanks for your replies guys. I don't really know what im hanging on to either. But i don't think i can ghang on much longer. Time to say goodbye to the world and end my life :/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: sad :( - May 12th 2011, 06:05 PM

heyy sweetie. i know its hard. right now i am going through a really hard time. i have an undiagnosable disease that is slowly killing me. nobody knows except me and my family. if you ever need to talk. and i know you do because u sound like me. please private message me. i like helping people and maybe we coudl help eachother.

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: sad :( - May 13th 2011, 07:11 PM

hey sweet. your reply really touched me. I'd love to talk to you, you can talk to me whenever you want to too <3 xx

Closed Thread