TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Apathy - May 16th 2011, 08:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not sure if this is as direct in relation to depression and suicide as most other threads in this forum. In fact, I'm not even sure it's a problem.

I've been feeling increasing apathetic about my own existence in the past few weeks and months. I find it unlikely (although perhaps possible) that I would try to kill myself, but I have absolutely no fears or nerves about the idea of death or dying. I find myself thinking quite often that it would be much like a release, a way to eliminate any and all problems of any type that I face.

I'm not frightened by death or dying. But I am afraid of my own apathy. I personally feel that it would be selfish for me to take my own life, but then again, I would not be there to hear or feel the ridicule of such thoughts. In the end, I really find no reason why I should care.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Apathy - May 16th 2011, 10:03 AM

Casey.

please dont do anything stupid. your life is important.. i assure you . and i promise you that things will get better. whatever you're facing, its better to rant out to someone. that would help out a lot.

we all love you. we all care for you. keep faith and have a strong hope ~

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread