TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
helphelp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Getting over somebody - May 20th 2011, 06:05 PM

I'm just looking to vent and maybe get somebody else's perspective and advice.

I was friends with her for several years, and then things happened and we started dating. We were together for almost two years.

She was 15 when we started dating and 17 when we broke up, I was 17 at the start and 19 at the end. I understand it's a phase of many changes, especially for girls.

Everything was absolutely perfect, we were at the peak of the relationship and then she takes a school trip for a week and something clicked inside her that makes her change and makes her no longer interested in me. She eventually asks me for a break in September 2010 and finally breaks up with me in November 2010.

As far as I know, she is through with me and has moved on with her life and is simply not interested in anything more than being friends with me.

Things haven't been so easy for me. It's been so many months and I'm still stuck and I feel that I just cannot get over her. We don't even talk anymore, I have no idea what is going on in her life, and I'm still thinking about her each and every day.

I've got friends, I've got hobbies, I'm working out and training vigorously six days a week with a team, I'm in peak physical condition, I'm eating super healthy, I've even tried dating two girls, but behind all of that, I'm sad, I feel broken.

It's gotten better--I was borderline suicidal when we broke up, but it's still bad. Truth is I still love her and care about her and it's really hard to ignore her. I feel like a terrible person and friend for abandoning her, but staying friends is so difficult.

I guess I just want to know whether it gets better.

I've considered sending her an email to check up on her, but I don't know how she'd feel about that.

It sort of felt like the health of our relationship was equivalent to my own self-esteem. If things were great, I was great and happy. If things were bad, then I'd feel bad. And now that things aren't, well, here I am.

Have you ever gone through something similar?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: Getting over somebody - May 20th 2011, 06:45 PM

Not really, but I do know how it feels to love someone that doesn't feel the same way.

Emailing her can't make things worse for you really can it? So I would email just saying hey how are you? something basic, nothing too heavy and see if/what she replies with....It might make things better for her if you can start conversation with her online rather than face to face..and if her reply is something slightly negative at least you will know where you stand and get complete closer.

Things will get better, it just takes along time...but when you come out of these feelings things will be amazing..trust me....hold on to the fact things will get better.

Stay strong , you can get through I know you can

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: Getting over somebody - May 20th 2011, 07:25 PM

heyy, i completely get what you are going through. i was dating this guy for a couple months and we were really really good together then during the march break he went away with a couple of friends and came back and told me that he no longer wanted to date me. so maybe its not on the same level but i get it. i still feel really suicidal about it. i am dating a guy now (we've been together for 3 months) but it doesnt take away the fact that i wish my ex and i were closer. we used to be bestfriends but now we never talk. pm me if ya wanna talk more :P

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
helphelp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Getting over somebody - May 21st 2011, 12:24 AM

To Elizabeth and Alyssa,

Thank you guys for your support, it means a lot to me. Good luck!

Closed Thread