TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashes2493 Offline
I'm only the monster u made me
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

I don't want to be depressed again - June 5th 2011, 09:49 PM

I hate to sound like I'm complaining and that I'm constantly talking about myself, but I need advice.

I have recently been working on registering for college, but the problem is, is that I don't believe that I can do it. I'm worrying constantly that I will fail out of college, or that I will run out of money and get kicked out of college, or SOMETHING will happen and I won't be able to finish my education and let my parents down.

My parents aren't helping the matter, they are expecting so much out of me. My mom keeps saying that I all these "hoops that I have to jump through" (so to speak)in order to start college, and I am so behind. My dad keeps saying that he will give me some money for college, but if my mom has any say in it, I'm getting nothing from my parents.

I just worry and stress so much that I start crying, and I just constantly think that my life sucks and I will do horribly in college. Now I'm hoping that this stress won't lead to depression, like it did last time.

Hope anyone who took the time to read this isn't confused.

Morgan Lynn 5/15/2010
Henry Thomas 12/15/2010

I love you both unconditionally

Let go of the fear Let go of the doubt
Let go of the ones who try to put you down
You're gonna be fine Don't hold it inside
If you hurt right now, then let it all come out
Breathe - Ryan Star

Your Helpful Tattoo Enthusiast Ask Away!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: I don't want to be depressed again - June 5th 2011, 10:39 PM

Hey, I'm sorry that you feel stressed about that stuff.

For now, just work on getting everything done and don't stress. Instead of thinking that you're going to fail, think of graduation. Instead of worrying about money problems, think about what classes you want to take.

For every negative there is a positive. And I'm sure that if your Mom really wants you to get through college, she'll help you with money a little bit at least.

I hope everything gets better, just keep yourself happy and don't fall back into it. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bpaley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to be depressed again - June 5th 2011, 10:41 PM

Like you, I will be starting college this fall. College is not like high school ,teachers won't be on your back for assignments, and you will probably not know any of the people there; but that is ok, it is all about the experience. Being in one environment you are comfortable in to being in one where you know no one is what life is all about.
Failing is also just a part of life, if you put your mind on your studies and not partying every night, you will do fine. also don't be afraid to go to your colleges advising or counseling center, they will be happy to help you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: I don't want to be depressed again - June 6th 2011, 06:17 PM

I just replied to your other thread too and I was the same way, every semester there would be one class that I was convinced I was going to fail and have to retake and I never got below a C. If you could handle the work in high school, college shouldn't be a problem for you. It's tough when you feel like your parents expect too much of you, your best is all you can do. I just graduated with my degree, so if you have any other questions just ask!

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I don't want to be depressed again - June 6th 2011, 11:37 PM

Hello...
I can understand where you're coming from. My parents are the same way and demand so much from me as well. You can do it, though.
Failing is a part of succeeding. With every failure comes success. You may even realize that you've learned something from your failures.
Cheer up! You'll do great and make your parents proud of you!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Helper1215 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want to be depressed again - June 7th 2011, 12:13 AM

Oh honey, I definitely understand how you feel! Im in college, and basically the things you listed have indeed happened to me. Despite the fact I graduated high school with nearly a 4.0. I almost failed out of college, mainly because I didnt use all the resources and had to deal with being denied financial aid. Yet, I got through it and now I may be entering the nursing program in my college. Please understand, that while it is important to try our best, if we spend most of our time worrying we wont make it, or that other people wont be happy with us, we inevitably lose focus. Which is what happened to me, I worried so much that I spent more time worrying than doing work. Dont make the same mistake I did sweetie. Make sure you plan out your day well, eat well, and exercise when you can, and study at healthy intervals. I promise you, as long as you try your best, it will work out. Usually professors, and/or fellow students or graduate students who help out are willing to help with struggling students. College isnt for perfect people, its for people who want to learn, and sometimes learning means we make mistakes. Dont focus on mistakes, focus on the learning part. College is a wonderful experience and opens our minds to many different things. If you struggle, usually there are also help centers that are usually free!

If you become very overwhelmed perhaps you can talk to someone about it, or also there are counselors at school that you can meet with to help manage your time well. If anything, you are free to PM me any time, if I can help Im more than willing to

Take care of yourself! <3

Closed Thread