TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DjADirtySpoon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Life feels like a shitty roller coaster... - June 5th 2011, 11:31 PM

It feels like just when I'm about to be happy, when I'm about to get a girl friend or when I'm about to get my weight under control, I fall right back down into hating my life. I've done everything I can think of but I just can't seem to be happy for more then a few hours before I feel depressed again.

That's not to say I want to kill myself or anything, I'm enjoying life. I have good friends, a stable job that I like, and a constant supply of weed (don't go anti-drug on me, it's not like I do cocaine or heroin).

So I enjoy life, I'm just not happy. I feel fat, despite dieting and constant exercise I can't get under 240lbs (I'm 6'3" and male), I also can't seem to get a girlfriend. Every time I ask out a girl, I always get the same "It's cool if you like me, but I don't feel that way for you" response.

I'm 17 and I hate my life the way it is even if there is plenty to enjoy. It just feels like I'm not good enough to be who I want to be.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Life feels like a shitty roller coaster... - June 6th 2011, 12:03 AM

Well, I'm not telling you to not smoke weed but can't that make you gain weight? I know that some of my friends gained a ton after smoking it.

Someone is probably going to tell you that you shouldn't have posted your weight or something too..

Anyways moving on, I'm sorry that your luck hasn't been the best with girls. But maybe you should just hang out with a lot as friends and see if something happens later? Maybe wait until you know for sure that interested before she asks so that you don't rejected and continue feeling like this?

If you hate your life the way it is, then you should change some things, or figure out how to enjoy what you have, even if that can be difficult.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emiloowho Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Life feels like a shitty roller coaster... - June 7th 2011, 05:01 AM

I know how it can feel to be shot down by people, but sometimes you just have to really learn to love yourself before anyone else can love you. I know that sounds cliche but a lot of girls like confidence in men, over looks. That's not saying some girls aren't shallow. But the ones that you're really going to connect with are probably not connecting with you because they can sense that you're nervous or that you don't really like yourself. People are attracted to power and to confidence in general. If you just step outside your box, start finding things that you like about yourself. Try to find at least one thing everyday and then keep exercising, get your confidence up. Don't let depression drag you down and if you need medication, you can do that too. But there really isn't anything wrong with you, and you seem very sweet. I'm sure any girl would be lucky to have you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ReverseNegative Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Unknown

Re: Life feels like a shitty roller coaster... - June 7th 2011, 05:30 AM

Listen carefully, you do not have to date anyone at this time. You are soon approaching that age of 20s where you ALWAYS want to (sort of) date everyone. So just plan for that day. Work out, go on diets and just keep reminding yourself 'I'm preparing for that one day when I can be happy with who I see in the mirror, inside and out.'

Closed Thread