TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Over and over again. - June 8th 2011, 01:45 PM

Well I thought I was doing well. I haven't been on here in feels llike forever; more like not quite 12 months. I had to spend 5 minutes googling trying to find the right one.

So I thought I was fine; haven't been really down in months. Figured I was about ready to go off my tabs. Then bang out of the blue I got in trouble this morning at work. And now? I don't know.

I got home and for the first time in forever felt like ripping the skin off my arms. Even though I know it doesn't help, but I just felt like I needed to.... I don't know, I've never been able to explain it properly. I'm at work at the moment and I just can't do anything, I just want to curl up in bed and cry. I could barely sleep all day.

I don't know if it's because it's winter or working shift work or if I'm destined to be fucked in the head for the rest of my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Over and over again. - June 8th 2011, 02:48 PM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry you feel so low again, I know it's not easy at the best of times let alone when you felt things were going okay before it. You're going to get times where you feel like this though, it doesn't mean you'll feel this way forever. I mean, you've gotten up from the low once before, you can do it again!

Perhaps talk to someone about it. It's best to make your feelings known than to hold them inside of you and feel like nothing can help. Talk to a friend or a collegue or family member, I'm sure a little extr support would be far from rejected! And as for the urges you're getting to hurt yourself, try to distract yourself with something. I'll post you a link of alternatives here. I don't know if you've tried them, but try some out and don't be put of but those that don't work, you'll more then likely find ones that do; just keep trying! http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives

I hope to hear you're feeling well again soon, and I really do wish you all the best and a fast bounce back to happiness! Remember if you ever want to talk to me, you're welcome to PM me anytime and I'm more than happy to do what I can to help you out. Oh! And welcome back to TH!

Take care and keep smiling!
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Re: Over and over again. - June 8th 2011, 07:23 PM

So I suppose the next question is. I'm currently at work. Now being a solitary job actually doing my work does nothing to get me out of my head. So I've spent essentially all night in the crib room on the computer in the chat room just talking and staying out of my head.

So I how do I explain that to my boss without getting fired?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Over and over again. - June 9th 2011, 12:43 AM

Hey there,
It's your decision how much you want to tell your boss. If you are close to him/her and think they are understanding and you feel comfortable, you can tell him/her what has been happening. You also can just be vague about it maybe saying you have a lot going on and have been having a rough week. It's against the law for them to fire you for a mental disability. Say as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. When you are working maybe you can listen to an ipod or something while you work if possible. Again, it's your choice but don't feel forced to pour out your life to your boss.
Hope things work out for you. Let me know if you ever want to talk.
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread