TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Loosing Myself - June 13th 2011, 11:59 PM

Okay, my dad moved to his friends house to get away, but that didn't work out very well, so when he did this he gave our trailer to a lady who i have called mom because she practically raised me, but I don't like her, tonight she yelled at my dad, and he got tired of it finally and left to sleep in his truck, she tries to control everything in my room and I hate it, she yells alot at me and my sister, and call us names that she shouldn't. I don't know, right now I'm feeling so lost and confused, my dad already thinks I have depression, but I'm starting to slip back into myself like I usually do, bottle all of my emotions inside, I was so happy until she came back and now I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Loosing Myself - June 14th 2011, 02:36 AM

This situation sucks I know it does. I really don't know if I have a solution to fix all your problems. I would suggest talking to your dad and telling him the trouble that she has been putting you and your sister through and how she tries to control your life basically. Also talk to him about how you don't like how he is being treated and how you don't like it. Granted he is your father and you have to respect him and he makes all the decisions but he may take what you have into consideration and he may feel that being with her is not the best thing for him and his girls.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Re: Loosing Myself - June 15th 2011, 12:44 AM

thank you so much

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Loosing Myself - June 15th 2011, 02:24 AM

look easy to fix.. She not your mom? she doesn't have legal paper? and if your dad isn't there for you and is letting this lady raise you then therefore he can be charged with neglect and name calling is emotional abuse and can be reported and charges can be pressed on her... You are your fathers responsibility not some lady's and she doesn't have rights over you so if the situation is that bad then maybe it needs to be reported

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Loosing Myself - June 15th 2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyAnn View Post
look easy to fix.. She not your mom? she doesn't have legal paper? and if your dad isn't there for you and is letting this lady raise you then therefore he can be charged with neglect and name calling is emotional abuse and can be reported and charges can be pressed on her... You are your fathers responsibility not some lady's and she doesn't have rights over you so if the situation is that bad then maybe it needs to be reported
OHHH and your 17 take that into consideration

You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

(#6 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Loosing Myself - June 15th 2011, 03:33 AM

He actually can't be charged with neglect. As long as they are not being beat, abused, have shelter and food then he can't be. He also can't be charged with neglect if she is seventeen. Situations like this occur all around the world and it sucks but its no need to go off and get charged for that. The right department that deals with it would laugh in their face. You need to get your facts straight.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Loosing Myself - June 16th 2011, 04:37 AM

that would be neglect if he is leaving his kids with someone else who is not legally inclined to take care of them... if HE is not taking care of HIS kids and letting "some lady" do it then YES he can be charged with neglect I had this situation happen with a friend... HE seems to be doing NOTHING for his kids this "lady" is

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Re: Loosing Myself - June 19th 2011, 01:21 AM

Thanks to all, and Bethany my dad does take care of us, but I'm not mad, I should have explained myself better. It's alright now, he came back later that night, he makes sure were taken care of. Again, thanks to everyone

Closed Thread