TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lemonade Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I am really worried about my friend. - July 14th 2011, 07:52 AM

I just met this girl, and we have so much in common. But, she is always depressed. She tells me that she needs more friends and that she cries herself to sleep sometimes. She has told me she has attempted suicide.. this really worried me. Shes told me that their parents dont care about her. Her mother called her worthless, and she wont tell me how she feels about it. She bottles up her emotions, and it really makes sad too. She really hates her home. I really care about her and I dont know how I can help. Is there anything I can do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mustang412 Offline
Master and Commander
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Corrie

Re: I am really worried about my friend. - July 14th 2011, 09:00 AM

You can reassure her, that she isn't worthless. You can be there for when she needs a "Shoulder to cry on". You can just keep talking to her.

But in the end, she is probably in need of some professional help. Though, just being there for her, if you do care about her. Helps a lot. Trust me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: I am really worried about my friend. - July 14th 2011, 08:32 PM

Well, yeah, do the above and definitely let her know you love her and that she's valued. Just a bit of support can be a bright light in what can appear to be a dim future. Be the family that she doesn't currently have. Best of luck for you both

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lemonade Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am really worried about my friend. - July 18th 2011, 11:38 AM

Thanks for your replies. I haven't been on because of how much better she has gotten since i started telling her how i really felt about her. I let her know that she is worth the world to me and that I would move across the world to see her if I needed. She has gotten alot happier and she is now showing her true colors.. I am forever grateful for you guys.

She gets sad randomly sometimes, almost as if shes bi-polar. She tells herself that she has no friends and that no one likes her, but It's obviously not true. I don't know how long her parents have neglected her, but It's been long enough. I don't know what to do or say when she acts like this. Any suggestions would be awesome, our relationship is growing at an alarming rate, and I don't want to let that get in the way. Or should I embrace the fact that she is maybe Bi-Polar? What can I do? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Last edited by Lemonade; July 18th 2011 at 11:45 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I am really worried about my friend. - July 18th 2011, 04:09 PM

just appreciate her as who she is i think that she has loads of awesomeness. only problem is that her family is doing a very good job of making her feel useless. suggest for her to join more activities where she'll meet tons of people, and also keep telling her that she's wonderful.

her self esteem is really important, and you got to let her know that she is that wonderful girl that means so much to you, the girl that you wanna protect and make happy.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I am really worried about my friend. - July 18th 2011, 04:14 PM

I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better, it's understandable that everyone occasionally has their off days which she could be having, especially if her family aren't really support or caring about how she is feeling but if you just continue to be there for her, reassure her that she does have friends and that people do like her, it might help cheer her up a little bit. If you're there for her when she needs it the most, I'm sure she'll really appreciate it especially if it helps cheer her up.

Closed Thread