TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Sigh. - July 16th 2011, 04:24 PM

So I'm not going to get irrational and explain how I see the world worse than it is, or how my life is so horrible, because it actually isn't, if I compare it to some other people, but that doesn't stop me from feeling this horrible, really

I'm honestly too depressed to even write anything right now, but this is me trying, I've been feeling horrible for the past month or so, and am finding it hard to put it into words because of this fucking ADHD. I attempted making a thread 4 or 5 times in the past 3 days but I honestly don't know where or how to start.

I just feel so alone, I can't remember the last time I felt like some one cared about me. I don't know how to break out of this same fucking cycle every single day. Nothing ever changes. I just don't know. That's it. I just can't seem to explain how I feel right now, I haven't even begun to explain what bothers me (not that I'm even quite sure what that is right now). I don't know why I tried.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Sigh. - July 16th 2011, 04:41 PM

Hey Terry,

First off, well done on making the thread. I know it's been hard to do that, but you did, and that's amazing. I'm sorry times are hard right now, but it will get better. Believe it or not, people do care, you just don't see that. I'd suggest talking to someone you trust, maybe a parent of friend or family member, who can perhaps support you while you feel this way. Maybe even ask them for some help in talking to a professional, as I believe they may be able to help you find what it is that's got you feeling this way, and target that in order to make you feel better. This isn't it, times can get better, and I really hope they do for you. If you ever want to talk, you're welcome to PM me and I'll do whatever I can for you. Keep your chin up and keep fighting. You can do this, stay strong.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Re: Sigh. - July 16th 2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-inside-my-head View Post
Hey Terry,

First off, well done on making the thread. I know it's been hard to do that, but you did, and that's amazing. I'm sorry times are hard right now, but it will get better. Believe it or not, people do care, you just don't see that. I'd suggest talking to someone you trust, maybe a parent of friend or family member, who can perhaps support you while you feel this way. Maybe even ask them for some help in talking to a professional, as I believe they may be able to help you find what it is that's got you feeling this way, and target that in order to make you feel better. This isn't it, times can get better, and I really hope they do for you. If you ever want to talk, you're welcome to PM me and I'll do whatever I can for you. Keep your chin up and keep fighting. You can do this, stay strong.

Take care,
Hollie.
Well, I live 4 hours away from family, so I'm not quite sure how they could help, I never found talking to them about it helpful since they always just say "it'll pass".

As for talking to a professional, my psychologist is gone for the summer, and I am still getting used to driving in big cities so I am too uncomfortable driving all the way to the hospital. Otherwise I'd gladly talk to a professional.

I'm a bit uncomfortable PMing people since I always feel like they are just being nice and don't actually want to hear about my problems, irrational thinking, I know, but I just always felt like I'd be annoying them if I did

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

Closed Thread