TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Struggling - July 21st 2011, 07:37 PM

I've had depression for years. I've recently switched back to an antidepresant I was on before and it seemed to be working but the past few days have been really difficult. I think the stress of starting a new job has made it so much worse this time. I've just been sent home from work at my old job because my manager noticed something was up and when he asked me if i was okay, I burst into tears. I literally don't know what to do. I feel so crap. It feels like nothing will ever be okay again and I don't know how to cope with it. I so badly want to cut/burn myself but I know that if I do, I could be putting my job at risk. I feel like I'm going to explode because I'm so stressed and anxious. I want to end it all, but I don't want to cause hassle for my faimly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Struggling - July 22nd 2011, 08:40 AM

Hey, sometimes stress can be a major problem when someone is dealing with depression, but all i can say is HANG IN THERE. it WILL get better.

Im sure you have been through a lot already, since you have struggled with this for years, so im sure you are familiar with highs and lows. Stick out this low time, and you will reach something better.

Hope you feel better, I really do. Stick with it. You can do it

<3 Sora

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Struggling - July 22nd 2011, 11:01 PM

Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about this? It's important to find some one other then yourself to make it through hard situations. You'd be surprised how many people step up. That's good you manager let you go home and is understanding. Maybe the change of meds made this. Talk to your doctor about going back to what you were on before. For now, use coping skills like reading drawing music writing etc. Hang in there!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Name: sophie

Re: Struggling - July 24th 2011, 12:18 PM

you know that your family will care if you kill youself, so you knwo that you have them to live for,
and dont do it, you can get help, nad if the antidperssant isnt working then ask your doctor too try something else to stop the depression, becasue if you can stop it, you should

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Struggling - July 24th 2011, 01:01 PM

It sounds like things are really difficult for you at the moment Ella but it also sounds like you're able to recognise what it is that is triggering these feelings. You say that ou're recently switched anti-depressants, how long have you been taking them for? It sounds like you have experience with depression, is that experience with anti-depressants as well? Because as you may be aware they can take time for your body to adjust and for them to work. It's important when on any medication to keep in regular contact with your doctor. Have you discussed these feelings with them? You've done well explaining how you feel here and I'd really encourage you to talk to people around you as well so that you're able to get that local, often more regular and consistent help and support as well. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk as well, take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Struggling - July 24th 2011, 04:31 PM

I've been taking them for 2 and a half weeks now so they should kick in soon. I'm seeing my social worker every 2-3 weeks (I'm seeing her tomorrow, actually). Over the past 2 years, I've been on various anti-depressants and I'm starting to get really fed up wih it all. It really does seem as if nothing helps and all I want is to just be hapy and not feel stressed to the point of insomnia, panic attacks and headaches all the time.
Sorry for the self pity.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Struggling - July 24th 2011, 07:23 PM

Nothing wrong with a little self pity sometimes, no worries.

I know that switching medications can be hard, my family knew to give me plenty of space when I switched because I was just irritated, all the time, for those two weeks before the new one got into my system.

I know all about insomnia, I know that it sucks, I know that panic attacks suck too. Sometimes we have to deal with the bad until the good decides to stop hiding behind all the suckiness.

Just wait until your new antidepressants kick in, you'll start sleeping better and feeling a lot better in general I'm sure.

<3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Struggling - July 25th 2011, 02:47 AM

Give it some time. Sometimes medicines can take a few months to work. Take it slow. Go day by day. Let others around you know what's going on so they can do the best they can to help. Hang in there!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread