TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

It's all to much...but why should you care? - August 7th 2011, 09:27 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I know its selfish. What I'm thinking right now. but lets face it what if its actually the best thing to do? I mean people keep telling me i can do this. Why bother lying. they have no idea who, i am, what I'm going through. Most people don't even know who i am...heck i don't even know who i am. How can people be so certain that i will make it. When every part of me is exhausted and wants to just give up now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: It's all to much...but why should you care? - August 7th 2011, 09:49 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry that things are so rough for you right now. Truth is when we start to feel so low we do tend to be more negative which is probably why you're thinking you can't get through this. If you try and change your mindset and think positive, you'd be saying I can get through this. And even though its hard to do so, changing your mind set is something you need to work on to be a more positive person

I don't know whats going on for you right now but if you want to talk about what ever it is then feel more than welcome too do so. I'd like to help you as much as I can.

I want you to know that you don't have to be alone in this because people do care. I care and if I didn't I wouldn't be writing this right now. I care because I know you can make it through. Because depression is curable and beatable and it does not have to take control of your life. You can live a life with out depression, it doesn't and won't always feel the way it does now, things can and WILL get better for you.

If you don't already, I suggest you find someone you can confide in who will be able to support you through what you are going through. You can find a list of people to talk to here. All these people care about you and want to help you but for them to do so you have to open up to them and let them in. I know that is hard but its really important for you to do so in order to get the help you deserve and that you need right now.

Also take a look at this list of reasons to live. I want you to look at this to help you see that you do have reasons to live for, whether that's because you have a favorite book or because of a close friend, or to wake up to your dog licking you in the mornings. We all have reasons to live, we just sometimes forget them in these dark moments. Its important to keep reminding yourself about them.

I know its hard but stay strong and keep fighting, you CAN beat this.

I hope this helps.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: It's all to much...but why should you care? - August 8th 2011, 12:03 AM

They say it because you can get through it. You just haven't given yourself the chance to. Keeping yourself stuck in the single mindset of not being able to overcome what's bringing you down isn't getting you anywhere. I 100% understand that I don't know you so why should you listen, but on the other hand.. I know that a lot of us don't give ourselves enough credit, time, space.. That's what you need. If you separate yourself from this feeling of giving up, even for a moment, you might be able to see why everyone is telling you that you can do it. Everyone has it in them, it's just up to you to do it.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: It's all to much...but why should you care? - August 8th 2011, 03:11 AM

Many of us tell you it will get better and that you can do this because you can. We have all been through rough times, and out of experience, we can tell you that things will get better, and it won't always be like this. Nobody knows for certain, but out of experience, things can get better.
I would take a look at that list Jess gave you, and perhaps start compiling your own! You can put the reasons on sticky notes and put them around your bed, so when you wake up feeling lousy, you can remember why you need to get up in the first place.
And if you're EVER having a rough time, please feel free to private message me.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonkin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: It's all to much...but why should you care? - August 8th 2011, 05:58 AM

Let me ask you a few questions.

Do you know what happens when we die?
Do you really know that things will get better once your dead?

I do not know you even the slightest bit. I cant say that i know how you feel because i don't know how you feel. But i would like to think that i can relate to how you feel. As can alot of other people here. We are all here to help you. Dont give up the fight because at the end is the unknown.

I really dont know where im going with this but im here if you ever want to talk. PM me anytime!

Things do get better in time.
I used to believe that things would never get better.
But after many long years things are looking up!
So don't ever give up!
Stay strong and move on!
Things WILL get better!

Make my day let me help you. PM me anytime

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonkin Send a message via MSN to Crimsonkin  
Closed Thread