TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

I feel like it's all crashing down - August 12th 2011, 04:58 PM

As indicated by the title I am feeling like everything is crashing down. I know a lot of people have money troubles like me but we are like dead broke now. I don't know how this happened because it seemed like we were well off. My mom won't talk with me about it. I have to get another job to help out my mom and I am super stressed because I am back in school and my mom wants straight As and I have to juggle that and a job and find another,and still find time for my horse everyday. I am so overwhelmed. I have up to 4 horses a day that I care for in addition to mine. I have no life and just about no friends. Sorry for the rant

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I feel like it's all crashing down - August 12th 2011, 06:02 PM

Shoshana.

please stay strong ... remember everything can get better. we all love you. just please, do not forget that everything can improve. Just remember to weather what you're going through for now... and do not give up. we all love you. i assure you that... we'll be some of your friends if you are okay with us being that.

we love you soooooooooooooooooooooo much. hang in there.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I feel like it's all crashing down - August 12th 2011, 06:30 PM

Hey there,

First of all, you don't ever have to apologize for ranting or asking for advice. We all need to do both sometimes, and that's completely okay. You're not wasting anyone's time, you deserve advice just as much as anyone else here does.

It sounds like you've got a lot going on right now, and I don't blame you for being a tad bit overwhelmed. I think it's natural that every parent wants their child to do well in school, but you mom needs to understand that you're under a lot of pressure in other areas of your life as well, and that you can only do your best. Maybe you should have a talk with her and let her know that while you don't plan on letting your grades slip, you would appreciate it if she would acknowledge that you are doing your best and maybe lighten up on the pressure a little bit. It might make it a little bit easier on you.

Is there anyway you could lessen your horse responsibility for awhile? Maybe if it were possible to take care of less horses until you get back on your feet again, or at least until you find a job? It's great to help other people out, as I'm assuming you are doing with the horses, but you have to take care of yourself to, and when things get too overwhelming sometimes you have to cut back and change a few things.

Maybe when things become a little bit less hectic you could look into joining some clubs or groups at school in order to make a few new friends? When you get a job you might also make a few friends there as well. I hope things work out for you. Try not to get discouraged, things will turn out in the end. Hang in there.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Re: I feel like it's all crashing down - August 12th 2011, 06:46 PM

I tried to talk with my mother but there are never any chances and most often she doesn't listen. My twin just dropped out and that is why she is pushing me so hard. She wants me to be the success. I want that too but it's difficult. I wish I could lessen my load but It pays for my horse and my bills. I have been handling it not so well.
I would love friends. I have a few at school but that's all. I love them and yes you are my friends too

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: I feel like it's all crashing down - August 12th 2011, 08:07 PM

I'm sorry that you are going through suck a tough time. That's a lot of responsability being put on you. You have to find a chance to talk to your mom. So much pressure being put on someone can cause them to break. Hang in there. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. You have friends here.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

Closed Thread