TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heathermc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy help:( - August 15th 2011, 07:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

this website and my best friends are the only two things keeping me alive right now..

the main reason i haven't taken my own life is for my best friends, i know they would be absolutely devastated especially because 2 of them have been dealing with depression and self harm. my life has gone from bad to horrible within a few months. my parents are separated, my mom moved out, my mom has cancer and is getting surgery friday, my depression pills aren't working at all, and my cutting has gotten worse. i thought i was over the whole cutting thing but then when i found a sharper knife and ran it across my wrist, i realized i still needed it. every single day i think about committing suicide and how easy it'll be to just overdose on a bunch of different pills and be gone without any pain. please help me because i can feel myself giving up so quickly

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: help:( - August 16th 2011, 04:34 PM

Hey

You've got a lot on your plate at the moment haven't you? I am really sorry to hear about your Mom, it must be a really difficult time for you and the rest of your family at the moment. I really hope the surgery goes well, try and stay strong.

You say at the moment the only reason you haven’t taken your own life is because of your best friends. Whatever reason it is you have to keep yourself safe is a good one, so make sure your spending a lot of time with your friends. You’re friends appear to be going through a hard time too, maybe you could work through this together? Support each other through the rough times. They sound like really good friends, they are there to help you, support you, so use them

You mentioned you’re depression pills weren’t working, have you seen a doctor about this? You need to let them know they aren’t helping so they can change the dosage or put you on a different medication that can help! Anti depressants do work, you just need to find the one that works for you. They aren’t a magic cure, don’t expect them to work wonders, but they can and do make a noticeable difference!

Hurting yourself isn’t a healthy way to deal with your feelings. I’m under the impression you have stopped before, this means you can do it again Have you looked at distractions? Have a look at this website: http://www.palace.net/llama/psych/fself.html It matches your mood to a distraction so it might be helpful

Taking an overdose isn’t pain free. You’re organs shut down and it’s a slow and painful death. If you have any pills throw them away, get rid of them so you aren’t tempted to take any. We are always here for you, if you ever want to chat, I’m here

Look after yourself, take care.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
heathermc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: help:( - August 16th 2011, 07:35 PM

thank you soo so much, that helped me a lot and made me smile i'll talk a look at that website thank you for taking time out of your day to help and make a difference <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: help:( - August 16th 2011, 07:37 PM

I'm glad it helped a little bit, that made me smile! Don't keep things to yourself, stay touch and keep in touch, always here if you need anyone

(#5 (permalink)) Old
heathermc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: help:( - August 17th 2011, 06:23 PM

thank you<33

Closed Thread