TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
qazwsxedc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cj

Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 06:38 PM

I just don't see the point in life. All you do is go to school which most people hate, then you have to go to more school unless you just work, and then you work for most of you're life. Whether you like working and going to school or not it's just the same thing over and over again, working, getting stressed, dealing with so much crap (like idk bills, death, loss, etc. etc.) and then all to end up dead yourself. It makes no sense to me. There are so many other shitty things in this world that makes me want to die right now. Like all the people dying of starvation or dehydration, aids or hell anything and everything. all the greedy people. it actually all comes down to money. i hate this world, it makes no sense to me. like yes there are few good things but they mean nothing compared to all the bad things. Does anyone else feel like this?
I'm sorry if what i just said made no sense, my mind is pretty scattered, it's hard to understand at times.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cosmic Offline
Ecstatic
Not a n00b

Name: Keith

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 07:40 PM

It's a lot easier to focus on and look "forward" to the negative aspects of life. However, I firmly believe that there is more positive than negative in life, as well as in the things you mentioned. Sure school is stressful and can be a pain, but look at the bright side, you get to meet and become friends with your school mates. You have great times and memories made during your school years with your peers and friends, and really your only responsibility is to study and receive a good education, which will in turn lead to a successful and happy life. As for work, hopefully you get a job that you enjoy doing and can be happy with until you retire. If not, you still get to spend time with your family, spouse, or just get to live it up in the single life.

There is definitely negative in life, but there is also a good amount of positive. If you focus on the positive, life seems and becomes more enjoyable.

Now that we're here, it's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
An' all the mistakes one life contained
They all finally start to go away

How can I be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
qazwsxedc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 08:00 PM

Well it's also incredibly hard to focus on the 'good' but also what is the point? no one can answer that. and i just do see any point. everyone is avoiding the inevitable; death. So why wait? why go through and good and bad just to end up dead, everything gone. i dont get it or anything at that

(#4 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 08:05 PM

I know exactly how you feel I used to be in that boat like there is no point in anything. But the way you are feeling wont last long it will get better just live life to the fullest dont let some asshole piss you off because life could end soon. This morning my step dad got in a huge accident and he almost died. Last night me and him got in a huge fight and he said that he never wanted to see me again. But after the accident he called me and said that he was sorry and that he loved me because he could have died and he didnt want to die with us mad at each other.
Sorry for rambling
Hope you have the best day you can! Pm me if you want to talk!
Harley

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 08:07 PM

Hey CJ

I understand what you mean, I really do. I go through phases of thinking the exact same things. I know that once you’re in that mind set it can be really hard to get yourself out. Yes, there are bad things in life, bad things happen, but that’s what make the good things in life seem so good! When you’re feeling unhappy it can be hard to imagine yourself feeling any other way, and seeing anything but the sad things in life. There are shitty things going on in the world, but there are good and amazing things happening all the time too

You ask, what’s the point? The point is life is short; you get out of life what you put in. The point is life is a gift, yes you die, we all die eventually, but there are generations after you that are going to continue living, and we are here to make the world a better place for them and ourselves. People care about you, you’re death could ruin someone else’s life. Find something you’re passionate about, aim to make a difference and for fill your potential

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cosmic Offline
Ecstatic
Not a n00b

Name: Keith

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 08:59 PM

What do you have if you're dead? No one knows and no one will ever know what happens when you die, as you are simply...dead...not living. If you think there is no purpose for being alive and dead, then why do we have to live first and then become dead? I'm not a religious person, but there must be some cause for life, and being able to breath fresh air and venture out into the wild.

There is so much to live for and experience in life, which makes being alive such a great thing. Sure there is good and bad, but you need change in your life to make it exciting and worth while. It's not worth it to end your life early.

Now that we're here, it's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
An' all the mistakes one life contained
They all finally start to go away

How can I be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Wear the red shirt!
Not a n00b

Name: Carly

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 17th 2011, 09:09 PM

I can 100% assocaited with your feelings. However, I am not going to go all into how what you have just said is true, because it isn't what you need to hear. In life there re so many great experiancs and things to try. Always look forward to the next big thing in your life. Ever seen the film the matrix? Instead of going along the normal line of boring life, how about you shake it up a bit. You are the one that controls your life. Your life is only as boring or not as you make it. If you don't want it to be pointless make it pointful!

Remember: You don't want to die, you just want to be saved.
Pm me if you ever need help.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
qazwsxedc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 18th 2011, 08:07 AM

i have just moved out.. and idk i still feel the same. i have gone out more and less and still nothing. downloaded new music, nothing. went shopping got new stuff and clothes, yet again nothing. even changed my desktop pic. then next big thing for me sounds like death. now that's something im soo interested in experiencing. its the unknown and i want to know it.
and yes we are here, but there is no reason or rhyme to it. we just are, ppl die everyday and the world still goes on. i believe there is no point to life ( i just discover, this very second). why wait?
Jess, how do you know my death could be best for the next generation, teach them something or just be part of statistics. idk i just look at the future and not want to live it, whatever i end out doing i don't want to be there. and just because i know i unfortunately will prob never actually kill myself, just hope wish pray etc. for it. im actually going to become a paramedic which might help ppl. but what i really want is my body to go to others more deserving. all my organs and blood and everything.. sorry idk what im talking about anymore.

Last edited by qazwsxedc; August 18th 2011 at 08:19 AM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 18th 2011, 05:56 PM

Hun, maybe you need people instead of downloading and all that other stuff. In my opinion people are here for nothing really but we make our own reasons like Obama is here to be president, Ellen is here to be the really funny talk show host she is and well I'm here to tell you that you have to make life what you want it but right now you're just going through a phase

(#10 (permalink)) Old
daisyduck Offline
Average Joe

Name: Samantha

Re: Does anyone else feel like this? - August 18th 2011, 07:07 PM

I know how you feel. I always think about it this way. Next year, i'm out of the house. I get to go to college. College will be hard but i'll get to go to med school. Med school will be harder but i'll get to have a job i love.

If you try to look forward to something positive, like hopefully you'll find a job you love. A job that will make you want to go to work. Maybe you'll find the love of your life, and have kids if that's something you want to do in life. There's a lot of bad things that happen, but there's a lot to live for as well.

Closed Thread