TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kirti Offline
Kirti
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kirti

CONFUSED - August 21st 2011, 10:50 AM

i cry my eyes out when alone at home-its because my parents don't allow me to cry. u know i tried explaining to them that am not happy,am in depression, am tired of their blaming me even when am not responsiblle for what they think i am for. i am tired of thier bickering. so, what i was saying was this- when i am crying-which i rarely do now because i have learnt to control myself of almost everything, i often think of suicide. just thinking about it gives me relief that atlast, I'll be free. my spirit will be free.
But inside, my heart knows, that am too scared to do this. and that's what that causes this excruciating pain. This is so irritating for me. i hope should be finished by now!!!!i don't want to feel any more pain. i just want to jump off a cliff and die in a second!i

But,know that am sad and that things are never going to be better, but, i still hope. hope of good. i don't know why, but am still positive.THIS IS VERRRYYY IRRITATING!!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: CONFUSED - August 21st 2011, 09:18 PM

You're still positive because deep down inside you know that things WILL get better. Because they will. Suicide won't be relief, it'll be an end. And..an end is not what you need. Instead, try a fresh beginning. Try finding something you love, and doing that to distract you. If your parents won't help you, maybe they'll allow you to go get some sort of counseling? I don't know your exact situation, but I know that no one deserves to feel like this, and that help is out there, if you just ask for it.

Best of luck, darling.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: CONFUSED - August 21st 2011, 09:27 PM

Suicide is never the answer. I learned that the hard way. Please, stay strong and keep holding on. You're positive because you know deep down inside of you that there is a reason why you're still alive. Talk to someone. A close friend? You can even PM me anytime! Take care hunnie<3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kirti Offline
Kirti
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: CONFUSED - August 22nd 2011, 07:55 AM

u know, here in India, people r a little bit orthodox. going to a counsellor/psychiatrist here means that ur mad......... even depression.... they think that a mental illness can never ever be cured-ever............

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
It's Killing Me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kavitha

Re: CONFUSED - August 23rd 2011, 09:32 AM

I am from India too and in a way you are right. Some around us are orthodox. But we have to change that. And you know what, I have went to a counselor. And she helped me a lot. I used to not be able to breath when I was stressed or sad or anything. But now, I don't have that. And I believe that it was the counselor who did it. She helped me a lot. And now, I am a whole lot better.

So you have to just take a deep breath and go for it. Go to a counselor. You need help. And everyone here will be very proud of you when you go and get it. Good luck Kirti. You can do this. Believe in you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kirti Offline
Kirti
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: CONFUSED - August 24th 2011, 03:34 PM

i too want to get better..... but,the counsellor will tell my parents and then, u know what will happen! they will be mad at me. they'll say that i made such a big issue out of a little thing by involving other people..that am not depressed or anything.
u know, i wrote a letter to the counsellor 3 months back, and put it into the suggestion box. she opens it n students having any problem write letters.. she has still not read it, so i thought that i'll again go to her and give her another letter-of how ihad put something in the box and the problem. i could'nt gather enough courage though i had that newl etter in my pocket.. i forgot to take it out and then.. my mom read it... though anything else was not written there... only that i had put something in the box, my mom said that what's this???????? something else???? idhar-udhar ki baat?????? i told her that it was of my frined that i had got in my pocket and was just a complain about a teacher.......
this the way i have to lie. what wuill happen when i go to a counsellor???

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kirti Offline
Kirti
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: CONFUSED - August 28th 2011, 11:53 AM

my grades have taken a nosedive-from the top 3 i have been reduced to just average-i don't complete my work on time, feel lazy all the time and don't remember anything that i learned- all this in 9th grade, where u form the bese og ur studies! this worsened my situation as then my parents constatnly shout at me 4 being sleeping all the tie, being lazy and not studying! i try- i tried but its too hard to concentrate. add to that, myteacher complained to my dad, what's wrong withher? why is she not studying?????/.....
that's why i wnna die and end. i can't ruin my life like this!!!!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: CONFUSED - August 31st 2011, 04:23 AM

Suicide is not the answer, but a counselor is. It's really awful that your parents would do this to you! Find someone trusted to talk about it, and live through this!! PM me if you ever need ANYTHING!!

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

Closed Thread