TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
softball Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Catherine Smith

Red face My best friend is my guardian angel. - December 4th 2011, 02:49 PM

Rate this Entry
Attempting Suicide
Posted Today at 01:27 AM by PianoMuzikLover
A couple of weeks ago, a person who I thought was my best friend turned on me. She made up rumours about me sleeping around and eventually people began to believe it. Her boyfriend who was also one of my close friends, a boy who I told everything to, also spread rumours about how I did 'kinky' things with him. This started to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend and everyone I was friends with.

I began to feel really low. I'd suffered from depression before and I had to take anti-depressants as well as go into rehab so I knew what was happening. After about a week of being called names and being taunted every second of the day, I just broke down in class and cried. I was sitting in the middle of the room at my desk with everyone around me and I was crying really hard but I just didn't care anymore. When I got home that afternoon, nobody was home. I grabbed a blade and a box of pills i found in the medicine cabinet and ran into the bathroom. I hadn't cut in a while and I'd missed the feeling of the metal biting into my skin. I cut deeper and deeper because it felt like there was a good person in there somewhere but I just had to find her. Eventually my arm began to feel numb so I started on the pills. I'd taken about 5 when I felt really dizzy and collapsed on the ground. At the time, I was so focused on all of the bad things that were happening to me and leaving it all behind me that I didn't realised I'd gotten a text from the only person who didn't believe the rumours. For her privacy, let's call her Sky. All she sent was three words. Thinking of you. Her face popped into my mind and my love for her gave me the strength to vomit the pills out before they affected me further. It was at this point that I realised, this girl I've been telling myself I don't have feelings for is the only reason I want to live. I'd been denying my sexuality for years but I finally accepted it. Lying on the cold bathroom floor I said out loud, "I'm Aimee and I'm bi-sexual." I called Sky once I recovered from the shock and asked her to come over. When she arrived, she listened to what I had to say and cleaned me up. She noticed I was shaking and was really pale so she called an ambulance. Apparently I had suffered from blood loss, so she saved my life twice in one night. She has helped me through treatment and rehab and even though I've given up on life so many times, she's never given up on me. If you find someone like that in your life, hold onto them and never let go. You never know, they might save your life.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
John Osborne Offline
Angels Are Mathematical
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My best friend is my guardian angel. - December 5th 2011, 02:21 AM

I also have had a friend who helped me a lot while I was depressed. Honestly I think that having that person there is just so helpful.

Closed Thread