TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Suicidal - December 20th 2011, 01:18 AM

I've been feeling very suicidal lately because of things at home and friends. I went to the counselors, and I might need therapy. Any advice on what I can do?

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Suicidal - December 20th 2011, 01:59 AM

In my opinion, I think journaling is the best way to express whatever you are feeling inside. Or for you talking to someone about your promblems is the best way you will get better. Also, try and find an outlet for your anger whether it be a sport, music, or even just a hobby. PLEASE FIND AN OUTLET! Never give up. Remember if you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime and I will get back to you in a timely matter. Good Luck and hang in there it does get better at some point.
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ChrisB Offline
Average Joe

Name: Christopher

Re: Suicidal - December 20th 2011, 02:38 AM

There are many things that you can do. Like stated about journaling is a great option there are other things you can do as well. Are you into art or music? try taking all of your thoughts and putting them towards that...if not that put your focus towards something else but whatever you do focus on somethin gwith everything you have also talking is amazing and can help in so many ways even if you are not talking about what is bothering you.
Whatever you do my good friend dont give up this fight I know how hard it is and how hard it can get but hang on i promise that it does and it will get better. If you ever need to talk or want to talk hit up my PM
  Send a message via AIM to ChrisB Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisB Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisB 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Suicidal - December 20th 2011, 11:25 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry things aren't very good for you right now but well done for reaching out to people, that's brill.

Therapy might help. I don't know the reasons as to why you're feeling low of even if there is any but a lot of people benefit from therapy. However, always remember different things do work for different people but everything is worth a try. If there is something which you're aware of which is causing you to feel so low and you want to talk to us about it then you're more than welcome to do so. We'll try our best to be here for you and support you through this.

What you can do? Try therapy. There's different kinds of it depending on your symptoms etc. There are things such as CBT, DBT and even EMDR. But its important that you talk to who ever you see and be honest with them so they can give you treatment which you are going to benefit from. If, for some reason, nothing is said about therapy I suggest you look in to it, see your doctor and talk about etc.

Other things? Try live for the moment. On my really bad days, when I want nothing more than to kill myself, I forget about the the things in the long distance, I admire whats going on in the moment. Like my little kitten licking my face or walking in the rain, a cup of tea and doing some knitting, my sisters laugh, talking to my best friend etc. These things keep me going. And they are the smallest things but they can really help. Try holding on to the small things on those really bad days.

Keep yourself busy. Do what ever it takes to keep yourself safe, whether that means crying all day until you've let it all out or staying up late watching tv or reading just to keep yourself distracted, and falling to sleep without even realising it. Do anything to keep you safe.

Set yourself goals for the future. Don't just have plan A. Have a plan B too. Think about what you want out of life and set yourself goals and aim high because you're capable of getting there.

Go out, have fun, socilise. If you isolate yourself, it's going to make it a whole lot worse. Don't lost touch with friends. Keep on meeting them even when you don't want to see anyone.

And lastly, reward yourself for getting through each day. Talk half an hour out in the eveing to read or to have a bubble bath, anything you enjoy. And tell yourself well done for making it through and remind yourself, that you can keep on getting through the days, because you CAN.

I hope this helps. Just keep on fighting. I know it is really hard for you right now but you're still so young and you have your whole life and future ahead of you. Aim high because the world is at your feet and you deserve the best. It's not always going to be so crappy, it is going to get better. You can get better.

Stay safe.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Suicidal - December 21st 2011, 09:45 PM

thanks so much. I'll talk to my parents and see what I can do.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread