TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

What does it mean?? - December 22nd 2011, 05:09 AM

I was told I sounded happier. I said than what? And he said your always sad. Jokingly I said well that's part of my charm. He them says you choose to be that way. I asked him to explain and his response was look at yourself, see yourself... You will know. Why would one choose saddness. I don't want to hurt so why would I want this. He has no idea of my pain. Ughgh

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: What does it mean?? - December 22nd 2011, 06:21 AM

shana honey....

he had no right to say that to you...what he said was wrong..you didnt choose to be this way...he is no a good freind if he says something like that....

a "real"freind doesnt say something like that to someone they care about...a "real"freind...is there to support the person going through a rough time

i want you to know that you can lean on me anytime...pm me anytime you need to..im always here for you...

thinking of you
Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What does it mean?? - December 22nd 2011, 02:59 PM

Thanks drew. It was very upsetting especially when he was comparing me to people with worse problems than my own. Im like don't you think I know that. I couldn't cry of course because nothing came out so I relapsed for the first time in like 2 months. I feel like crap.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: What does it mean?? - December 22nd 2011, 07:06 PM

I hate when people say that. I'll admit that SOME people might choose it, but most do not. People really need to learn to watch what they say. Maybe he meant that you choose to stay sad because he thinks you can just snap yourself out of it? Even then he's still wrong.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What does it mean?? - December 22nd 2011, 07:21 PM

I agree so much. Why would anyone choose to spend their life thinking that if they died at any moment that they would've perfectly okay with that. Or to feel like crying for so long that when you finally can't take it anymore and break down that everything is still haunting you and you can't stop the tears. The hurt is so large that you lay in your bed curled up in a ball because it's all you can do to keep yourself from bursting at the seams. Oh or better yet when the guy you love has feelings for another. How you want so badly to tell him how you feel but hate when he's upset. How nothing you say is right and no matter how hard you try perfection can never be acheived

Closed Thread