TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Unhappy Wants to die - January 26th 2012, 11:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just want to die, I have lost all my friends school sucks my bf broke up with me my parents just ad to my hatred of life, this guy I was starting to care for is gone now, I don't see a reason to live anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Wants to die - January 26th 2012, 11:44 PM

You have every reason to live Amanda. Nobody deserves to die. You haven't even BEGUN to live yet, you are only 17. You'll miss out on everything. This is just a tough patch in your life. It doesn't mean things will be like this forever. You'll get new friends, you'll have a bf. When your 18, you can even move out of your parents house.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Wants to die - January 27th 2012, 12:31 AM

hey there. The above user is right. You have every reason to live. You're seventeen years old, yot have so much ahead of you and there is so much that you can do in your life. At your age i think its normal to have issues with friends, relationships and especially parents. I know that doesn't make it any better but you're not alone it. Try working things through. This isn't going to last for ever. You have so much more to do in your life. Set yourself goals and aim really high because you can get there. Take the oppurtunities that are placed in front of you and really go for it. You can do this. Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tined Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Wants to die - January 27th 2012, 06:57 AM

just give yourself a break... travel around the country without money, only a back pack and some clothes. Be a sucessful alternative/acoustic/indie musician. Experience love. then ask yourself again if you want to die

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kristen1995 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kristen

Re: Wants to die - January 27th 2012, 10:36 AM

Sorry, but I don't know how to make you stop feeling like that because I feel the same way and haven't found the answers. I hope that you can stay positive and maybe you could find the answers later on.

It is not length of life, but depth of life.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Wants to die - January 27th 2012, 12:23 PM

Hey Amanda,

Iím sorry to hear how youíre feeling, it seems like things in your life are really difficult at the moment.

Firstly, I just want you to know that things can get better, no matter how terrible things seem at the moment, there are ALWAYS things you can do to help yourself or make things that little bit easier.

Have you been able to talk to someone about whatís been going on at school or with your boyfriend or at home? Sometimes just talking to someone can help make the situation clearer in your mind and can help you figure out ways to work through the problems. You donít have to deal with things on your own, there are ALWAYS people out there who would want to help, but you have to let them in first. Have you thought about talking to a counsellor or your GP? Another option is to talk to a helpline. (click here)

Something else you can take a look at is TeenHelps ĎReasons to liveí thread. Maybe you could make your own list of positive things in your life or things you want to do in the future/places you want to go. Give yourself little things to look forward to each day. Just remember that you have your whole future ahead of you, even if it doesnít feel that way now, you do have so much to look forward to and live for.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk.

Look after yourself,
Vicky

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Wants to die - January 27th 2012, 05:24 PM

I understand what it feels like to have a broken heart. I have been there and done that. I understand that parents don't always treat their kids the best. I understand what its like to have no friends. But you know what? That doesn't mean that you have no reason to live. That's just how it is for now. These things won't last forever. You will find someone to fix your broken heart. You will find friends that treat you well, hang out with you, and do fun things with you. And your parents will realize once you up and move out how much they miss you and how special you are to them and how sad they would be if they were to ever lose you for real. That being, your life does have a purpose. There are many reasons to live.
If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM at anytime. I'm here for you.
Stay strong, take care, and most importantly, STAY SAFE! <3

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
Closed Thread