TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kate19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Unhappy Feeling so down - January 28th 2012, 03:14 AM

I just can't hardly even go out in public anymore. I have such bad self esteem problems its hard for me to not feel like garbage next to everyone else. I dont even know if this makes sense, but I just really need some support right now =/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Feeling so down - January 28th 2012, 03:25 AM

Im sorry hun=( I don't know of THAT much I can say since I don't know exactly whats going on. But I want you to know that my best friend has a similar issue. It bothers her a lot to be around a bunch of people she doesn't know. But she is the most beautiful girl in the world and the most amazing so she has nothing to be scared of. I find that the most lovely people are the ones that feel self conscious about being around others. I bet you are very beautiful and a very amazing person. You should never have to feel like garbage. The fear is just in your head dude. I can't be the only one that thinks you're beautiful. Keep your head up and try your very best not to worry=) If you ever need someone to talk to, im here=)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Feeling so down - January 28th 2012, 12:02 PM

Hey Kate,

I'm sorry to hear how badly you're thinking of yourself at the moment, i just wanted to leave you a quick message with a few things you could try which may help how you're feeling.

Firstly though, you haven't told us much about why you're feeling this way, do you think you could explain things a little more? How long have you been feeling like this and does anyone know?

If you're suffering from low self-esteem something you can try is to focus on your strengths, rather than thinking only about the negatives. Maybe you could make a list of things you like about yourself and things you're happy with, although i do understand that this can be difficult. That way if you're feeling bad about yourself you can read over them and remind yourself of all the positives, and remember you don't have to show anyone if you don't want. like i said, i don't know if other people know about how you've been feeling, but if your friends and family do know, maybe they could help you with making a list as well.

Also, i don't know if you've looked into the different ways of getting support here on TeenHelp, but take a look at HelpLink and Livehelp - There are loads of lovely staff on here, as well as regular members, who would be happy to listen and talk these things through with you.

My PM box is always open, so feel free to drop me a message anytime.
Keep your chin up lovely,
Vicky

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Feeling so down - January 29th 2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate19 View Post
I just can't hardly even go out in public anymore. I have such bad self esteem problems its hard for me to not feel like garbage next to everyone else. I dont even know if this makes sense, but I just really need some support right now =/
I am not much help on this issue. But I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this because that pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment I just refuse to go out and be around people I don't know! I find it too intimidating. Even my friends sometimes behave like they are too sophisticated for me!
I feel better after saying that
If you need to talk, I am always here
Stay strong <3 because we'll make it! No matter what they say, we will make it!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dantheman1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danny

Re: Feeling so down - February 4th 2012, 09:47 PM

Sorry to hear your feeling so down, I suffer from depression and feel the same way alot, I find it hard to leave my bedroom I basically live in it, asking for help is the first step. I hope you get as much help as you need, if you ever feel down and in the dumps at any time or just need a chat message me. I don't know your situation so there's not much I can say. Give me a message if you want a chat.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mercyfall Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Taylor

Re: Feeling so down - February 5th 2012, 01:24 AM

I have self-esteem problems, as well.

What I was told to do by an amazing person, here on TH, was to look in the mirror every night, smile, and tell myself two things that I like about myself, one being physical, one being emotional. In the morning, I look the mirror and remind myself of the good things that I will be doing that day, no matter how small.

What I try to remind myself about everyday is that we're all the same, in a way.

I take away people's likes, dislikes, opinions, hobbies, and etc., for a short while, and realize that we're all working toward our goal and we're all looking for our personal meaning in life. It really makes me feel equal with everyone else, even those that make fun of me.

Btw, I think you have looks covered, you're gorgeous!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mercyfall 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
simon thompson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Simon Thompson

Re: Feeling so down - February 5th 2012, 03:01 PM

Trust yourself
You must begin to trust yourself. If you do not then you will forever be looking to others to prove your own merit to you and you will never be satisfied. You will always be asking others what to do, and at the same time resenting those from whom you seek such aid.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
The Unloved♥
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mallory.

Re: Feeling so down - February 5th 2012, 03:13 PM

I think everyone feels that way sometimes, more than others.
I know that tons of people here will support you when your feeling so down.
But for now, just ignore the people because your beautiful and your your own person<3

Rien ne Va arreter ma quete pour te trouver♥

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lost One
Not a n00b

Name: Shively

Re: Feeling so down - February 5th 2012, 10:06 PM

hey, don't worry, i feel the same way. i never feel comfortable in school, or the mall, walmart, etc. actually, the only public place i feel comfortable in is hot topic. and, you know what, Mercyfall was right, you're beautiful, inside and out. just try to remember that.

We...are not alone. Not until we choose to be. Choose your fate. Defy life and become your own. Don't conform.

Closed Thread