TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Why am I crying?! - January 30th 2012, 02:47 PM

I don't know why I am crying right now! I just can't figure it out! All day today I just wanted to cry and let the pain or whatever it was that I felt to go out with the tears. Now that I've started crying I can't stop. And I can't figure out why I am crying!!!!!!! I don't know why I cry so much! I just don't know!
Mom asked me many times why I am crying, but I don't know. I just can't find an answer to that! It is so difficult to explain it to her! I don't know what is wrong with me or why it is so wrong. She has been trying to persuade me to talk to her and see if counselling can be avoided. She thinks that it is something that I have on my mind and by telling her I'll be able to get a weight lifted off my chest. BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!
I am finding it difficult to laugh when she is trying to make me laugh. All I want to do is stay on here and stop pretending. but they don't understand what TH means to me. For once, I don't have to explain what I am feeling even though I myself don't know what I am feeling. They want me to get off the laptop and start smiling and be fake. When I just want to let out the tears that I tried to get all day and talk to someone who can understand! tears that don't come anymore. It just feels so nice to be able to cry when they come! And they don't understand how good it feels! I don't want to make anymore promises to myself that I won't cry ever. I wish I'd never made them! Those promises are the reason that I find it difficult to cry and don't stop crying once I start!
I hate those promises. I hate them so so much. I want this to go away! I just want to know why I am feeling this way!! I just want them to understand!!
I was so miserable at school today. SO SO miserable! I don't know why! I was actually in a good mood in the morning and it just shifted for no reason and all I wanted to do at that time was crying! But the bloody tears won't come! I tried cutting, it didn't work. I just made the cut deeper than usual! And now that I am crying they are telling me to stop! They are asking why?! I DONT KNOW WHY! I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!
The 30 minute walk with mom was so horrible. I tried to smile and joke but inside I was dying! I just wanted to cry! WHY!!
SOrry for any grammatical mistakes, its dofficult to see through the tears and I'll stop rambling now.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Last edited by Solivagant; January 30th 2012 at 02:56 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Why am I crying?! - January 30th 2012, 02:58 PM

Awww! You know, sometimes we just have to let it out, and crying is a good way. It happens with me too, as if crying is the only way out. And TH really helps. I understand what you might be feeling right now.
Please stay strong and take care!
Feel free to PM/VM if you just need to talk. xx

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Why am I crying?! - January 30th 2012, 06:22 PM

Ohk, so I am gonna ask everyone to ignore my ramblings. I had a breakdown again. But its all better now. Mommy kinda figured it out
And thank you Manasvi

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Why am I crying?! - January 30th 2012, 09:04 PM

Pisces <3

Even though you've posted since and said you're feeling better now, i still want you to know you aren't alone with things. I'm here if you ever need someone to try to cheer you up/distract you, or a shoulder to cry on.

I guess that sometimes when you're upset and don't know why, it can be worse than being upset and knowing the reason for it (if that makes any sense?). If you know why you're feeling tearful, at least you have something to work with, but just because you don't know why, it doesn't make the way you're feeling any less painful. Geez, i'm making no sense today.

I think it's great that your mum wants to help and talk things through with you, and it seems she's trying to cheer you up by distracting you and making you laugh, but sometimes when you're feeling miserable it can be difficult to change your mood and even things that would normally make you smile don’t help. What are your mums’ reasons for wanting to avoid counselling? I do think it would be a good idea for you to try talking to a professional if you could. Sometimes being able to talk to someone away from the situation who you aren't afraid of upsetting can be more helpful than talking to someone you're close to, because sometimes you can be afraid of being honest with or upsetting the people you love and people you’re around every day.

Also, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with crying! Honestly, please don’t stop yourself, even if you don’t know why you’re doing it. It’s a healthy way to express yourself and let out how you’re feeling.

Just remember, although things are hard right now, it doesn’t mean things will always be this way. You can be happy and things can get better, don’t be afraid to ask for help.

I’m here whenever you want to talk,
Vicky <3

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

Last edited by Solivagant; November 14th 2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Removing personal information.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Why am I crying?! - January 31st 2012, 12:05 AM

Pisces=( If you ever feel bad like that, just message me. I'll try to help as best as I can. I'm sorry you had to deal with that yesterday=(

Closed Thread