TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Scared to get help. - February 13th 2012, 02:03 AM

Hey everyone..

I'm scared to get help,
I don't want my parents knowing about my cuts,
I don't want my parents mad at me cause I want to go see the doctor and them know why,
I don't want them to say its stupid and not let me go
I really don't want them involved.

I'm really upset, I looked at what a family doctor can do, But talking doesn't help me anymore, it never did, It just makes me more sad and hurting, so I don't know what else they can do

I know I can not go on like this anymore, I don't want to feel this way, I want to be happy.

Last edited by Palmolive; February 19th 2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Scared to get help. - February 13th 2012, 02:08 AM

Gettin help is a scary/hard step but trust me it's so worth it. I can understand not wanting your parents to know, that used to scare me too, but seeing as you are under 18, you would have to tell them! I know how much that scares you, but I promise it will be worth it, I'm sure they will try to be as understanding as they can and they should get you the help that you need. If you're to scared to tell them yourself, why not talk to a teacher or the guidance counselor at school, they could help you with that! Or could you possibly just ask your parents if they could let you see a counselor and not tell them exactly why, that you've just been depressed?

I know that talking can be painful, but talking through that pain, even if it doesn't feel good now, will eventually help you get over this! Please, take the step that you want and get the help! You won't regret it! Best of luck to you! And if you ever need or want somebody to talk, I'm always here, just send me a PM!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jenjen4538 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared to get help. - February 18th 2012, 08:52 PM

Okay, you've got to come out to your parents... That's something you can't hide from them. It will be hard, but you have to make sure you TELL THEM that you are wanting help, and once you do, i think they'll be more accepting and all they will care about is getting you help!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Scared to get help. - February 18th 2012, 08:53 PM

When was the last time you talked to people about this? Maybe you'll feel better if you did now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Scared to get help. - February 18th 2012, 11:56 PM

Hi there.

I think it's really positive that you want to get help. It's also great that you have come to us for some support and advice.

I don't know how it works where you live but if you're over sixteen and you're referred to an adult service then your parents don't have to know. It might be worth finding out how it works where you are so you know whether your parents will need to be told or not.

Ether way, whether you have to tell them or not you need to think about what is best for you. Because this isn't about your family or anyone else, it's not about what they think. It's about you, about what you want, about you getting help to overcome this and about you doing what is best for you. I understand you're scared about them finding out but if you really want help and really want this to stop then sometimes you have to overcome that fear of people finding out.

You deserve the help so don't be afraid to reach out for it. I know things are hard for you right now but it can and will get better. Keep at it. We're always here for you.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Scared to get help. - February 21st 2012, 08:37 PM

Thanks, you guys

Closed Thread