TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MissTake99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Ugly - March 22nd 2012, 06:14 PM

Hi,

Well I guess you can tell from the title what Im about to say.
Im ugly. YES, I know every teenage girl feels this way at one point but I am SEREIOUSLY UGLY!!!

Im overweight, I dont like my body, I hate myself and also it doenst help that Im FREAKISHLY tall!!!

I get so depressed I just hate myself.

But Ive been losing weight so far ive lost [Edit]xx[/Edit] pounds!!! But I NEED to keep going. Please give me some advice to stop being so depressed and have self confidence!!!

-MissTake99 (-L)

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; March 23rd 2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Weight numbers are not allowed on TeenHelp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Ugly - March 23rd 2012, 08:27 PM

I don't feel this thread is about losing weight as it is about depression and needing self confidence. I'm going to move this thread to Depression and Suicide.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: Ugly - March 23rd 2012, 10:19 PM

Hi,

first of all, beauty and ugliness are relative... The saing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is not just a saying it is the reality. Just as some people like a movie and others not, or a painting, or ur friend finds an actor very attractive and for u he's horrible, u know?

Anywa, if ur not confortable with ur image, u are in the right wa, ur trying to put a solution to it, and it's the right thing to do. My advice is that it's okay to be conscious of ur weak points, but u need to appreciate ur good points as well. Work on the things u'd like to improve, but remember you are more than just a physical image, don't underestimate urself 'cause it doesn't take u anyway, believe me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chlo chlo

Talking Re: Ugly - March 25th 2012, 12:00 AM

Well self confidence comes from within, just keep telling yourself forget everyone I'm beautiful I don't GAF what anyone says. Always have that attitude but don be cocky. Just be a sweet person and trust me people will automatically think you're beautiful. But besides that if you wanna lose weight just walk, run, dance to your fave music, and eat right!!! No burgers, pizza, and cake,and chocolate!!! If you do eat that exercise right away and do standup crunches everyday they're easy and don't involve much work and if you wanna feel beautiful, be beautiful. Dress up and put different clothes together to make them cute. Put on makeup if ya want but no foundation or bronzer that stuff is not natural beauty... just put on eyeliner to make your eyes pop and maybe lipgloss and mascara anything to boost the eye color and make the lips extra kissable....HOPE I HELPED!!! btw you honestly don't need makeup I'm pretty sure you're beuatiful w/o it

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: Ugly - April 7th 2012, 07:59 AM

Every girl is amazing & beautiful . Just because us teenage girls dont look like those 'perfect '[EDIT] models in the magazines it doesn't make us ugly . To be honest it actually makes us real if we aren't as skinny as a stick . Wouldn't you rather be real than a girl who is as skinny as a stick ( most likely having an ED ) . Guys want real girls ! It doesn't matter what you look like its the inside that counts , girls who have perfect bodies generally spend hours a day and get upset or depressed and caught up on their appearance . Don't be one of those girls . Your beautiful & amazing just the way you are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk&ob=av2e

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Everglow.; April 7th 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Size numbers are not allowed on TH
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Ugly - April 7th 2012, 08:33 AM

Im sorry that you feel so sad. This is going to sound really cheesey but people are like snowflakes. Not one is exactly alike. They come in all shapes and sizes and are all beautiful. If you ever need somebody to talk to feel free to PM me

Best Wishes!
~SM~

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Ugly - April 7th 2012, 02:14 PM

Hi there,

Before I say anything else, I want you to listen to me. You will probably ignore me, but I hope it will register in your brain at one level.

You are beautiful.

Right. I think you sound perfectly imperfect just the way you are, but I'm going to give you some tips on STAYING HEALTHY (not necessarily losing weight), since you originally posted in the eating disorder forum, and just because I want to make sure you're staying safe, and aren't going to do anything drastic and unsafe. Also, if you think you have an eating disorder, I would advise telling a family member, or doctor, as ED's are no fun, and will make you feel MUCH worse in the long run.

Cutting calories is no good. All your body will do is cling to every last morsel you put in your mouth. Exercise is your friend. As was previously suggested, dancing to your favorite songs is a brilliant way to exercise, as it's fun and you can do it with friends. Any cardio exercise is good. But do not overdo it. That just leads to trouble. Just about half an hour a day is more than enough, and you should never do more than an hour.

Remember: likely your body is still growing, and as we grow, we need to gain weight to stay healthy. If you are seriously worried about your weight, it's probably best you talk to a doctor. I'm not going to advise anyone to lose weight unless it's essential medically speaking.

Stay strong. Remember how beautiful you are, inside and out. Beauty is a relative thing anyway. What's attractive to one person may not be to another.

Always here if you need someone to talk to

Take as long as you need.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Muse Offline
As eloquent as an elephant.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Ugly - April 7th 2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGothicXvampireXeternityx View Post
Every girl is amazing & beautiful .
This.

And also, to quote Traci (Revolution) from a different post:

Skinny girls may look good in any outfit,
But healthy girls look good naked.

Healthy includes mentally, emotionally, physically, the whole bit! Self confidence is absolutely 10000% percent important to health.

The first step in being self confident is to learn to take compliments and actually listen to them. All of these lovely people above me are telling you that you are beautiful. LISTEN TO THEM! Believe what they say! Beauty is different in everyone. What makes you different makes you beautiful. Society has corrupted our criteria of "beautiful" so don't be an autonomous drone. You are LOVELY regardless of shape, size, height, skin color, freckles or blemishes. You will be even MORE wonderful when you realize that beauty comes from within.

The most aesthetically pleasing girl can turn off a whole room with her poor attitude. Don't be that girl.

Stay strong, darling.
Happy looks good on you. <3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Ugly - April 8th 2012, 12:56 AM

Hi, as another bigger girl, I can say, that beauty isn't just on the outside. It's how you are on the inside too.

I'm tall, overweight, and all that too. There are times when I don't like my body either, not just because it's female and I'm not, but because I didn't fit into a lot of what other people consider "Beautiful", you don't have to fit into anyone else's deffinition of beautiful then your own. If someone doesn't like you for your looks then that person may or may not be an ass.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#10 (permalink)) Old
isanyone Offline
Isanyonethere
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugly - April 8th 2012, 05:02 AM

I know it said female preferred, but I'm going to comment anyway. I'm not going to tell you everyone is beautiful, because they are not, but that doesn't mean you are not. I have had crushes on girls that other people thought were ugly, but I thought they were some of the cutest girls I'd ever seen. For all you know some guy at your school might feel the same way about you. If you feel losing weight will help then keep at it. I was edited pounds a year ago but now I'm down to edited and it has made me feel better, even though I do admittedly still go through crippling depression on a daily basis.

Girls aren't the only ones who hate their bodies I hate mine too, but if you don't mind me asking how overweight are you? You might just think a little extra weight is a huge problem when it isn't, you might just be curvy, and being tall is not a problem at all, some guys like tall girls, and tall girls have long legs so that's probably a plus

I know it is extremely difficult to have self confidence when you feel ugly and lonely and depressed and unloved and is a battle a lot of people don't win, but one suggestion is to focus on other personal strengths. Maybe you are intelligent, or funny, or kind, or artistic. Next time you want to call yourself ugly just think about all the good things you are.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; June 18th 2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: weight numbers where not reasonably expected

Closed Thread