TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

Hamster Memorial - October 15th 2015, 02:34 AM

it is on this fourteenth day of october, in the year 2015 that we pay tribute to the dearly departed. Cream, who lived to be more than four years old, came to me as a pleasant surprise on my birthday. She was a gift to me back when i first began middle school, and though there were some tricky times, it was a blast to have her around.

Cream, you were always a part of the family, and im happy to have had you in my life. You have brought me and so many other people joy over these last four years, and you will be missed. Farewell old friend.

Rest in peace, Cream the hamster.

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xcloudymindx Offline
Ride,Life,Style.
Not a n00b

Name: My Name is Chloe

Re: Hamster Memorial - October 15th 2015, 04:05 AM

Hey! Oh my days... sorry for your loss sweetness, being a hamster owner myself I know how special they become to our lives, this is such a good idea to wish her all the best up in the skies above.

Have you buried her? I was going to suggest burry her deep in a plant pot, and take care of the plant to help it grow... and its like looking out for her still, and you can go to the plant anytime, and stick photos and little cute garden accessories on and even place a toy in it if its big enough:3

4yrs is a very long time, especially when hamsters lives are predicted 1 and 1/2 to 2 and 1/2 depending on the breed, so you clearly looked after her extremely well and she'll be thankful always for that<3

My hammy passed away early in the year January, she was Named Bibbles, I got her as an adult and she died after 6 months It was absolutely devastating she was amazing, I could do so many things with her and use her around my dog for training, play with her for hours on end take her into my bed and let her snuggle on my gown, I can't imagine how it must be after 4 precious years!<3

I now however, have 4 hamsters atm, 3 Russians and a Syrian (my recent baby) and i'm so glad that I decided to home these. It was hard at first, but so rewarding in the long term. Not a day goes by though where I wish Bibbles could just come back to the corner where her cage sat, I have a male there now, but I still wish to see my beauty b again</3

Are you planning on getting another? It may seem impossible, but perhaps rescuing one... a hamster that needs someone in a time you need comfort... its a connection to start with and you feel so rewarded when you bring them on, taming them and just giving them a purpose to be happy. (but take as long as you need to grieve)

I still get upset over bibbles, and I blog my hamsters on Instagram, I still post pictures of my sweet girl because I could never replace her from my heart, I know people find it "funny" how hamster owners get upset when they pass, but it really hurts so I want you to know don't feel bad about crying and letting your emotions out.

Like any animal you share this bond, and develop these cute tricks and mine helped me with anxiety - bibbles did, when people had to come and talk to me (like counselling) I would get her out and just having her in my hands helped me be relaxed....

Anyway bribing on, just miss my girl and the memories, and want you to know its okay to miss Cream, and maybe she's met my Bibbles now hehe <3

RIP Cream It sounds like you made your owner very proud and happy, and she loves you with all her heart and now that you've gone your separate way, she will hold you in a special place forever. Have fun nibbling all the tasty treats up there, I know this is just a message to you, but please give Bibbles a furry hug? thinking of you along with my furbaby. Sleep tight angel.... <3

Sending lots of hugs!<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

Re: Hamster Memorial - October 15th 2015, 11:34 AM

Aww thank you that's really sweet.

Yes we just buried her and don't worry, I'm not really grieving, I just know that it was her time and I'm glad to see that she had a happy life and a peaceful death.

Thank you for your kind words though, I really appreciate that.

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Hamster Memorial - October 15th 2015, 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet, no matter how small, can be really hard and I've lost my fair share of hamsters over the past few years.

It sounds like Cream was a really lucky hamster and well cared for, especially as she lived until she was 4 years old!

Take care

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Hamster Memorial - October 15th 2015, 10:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Jamari. Losing a pet, no matter how small they are is never easy. Seems as Cream had a happy and long life thanks to you. You obviously did a really good job taking care of her since she lived to be 4 years old. Hoping you are alright right now. Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Hamster Memorial - October 17th 2015, 04:54 AM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your hamster. It's always hard to lose a pet.

I hope you are ok.

Closed Thread