TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 04:33 PM

Animals do all kinds of crazy and funny things and I figured we could share some of the things our pets have done.

My cat dede absolutely loves plastic and she will get a hold of plastic bags and place them in her kitty box. Sometimes I go to clean it out and have to remove the plastic.

She also puts things in her water bowl. When I lived in my apartment I used to have hair ties and they would end up becoming Dede's play thing. After she was done with them she would place them in her water bowl. When I would go to add more water she would have two or three hair ties.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 04:43 PM

aww what a cutie!

My cat is a funny little fellow. This is one of my funniest moment by him-I was making salad and had a clean empty bowl on the table in the living room. I went to the kitchen to get tomatoes. I come back and I see my cat sitting inside the salad bowl!

My cat loves sitting in the bathtub for some reason. And everytime I go to use the bathroom, he pushes his way through the door somehow and then settles on either the laundry basket or in the bathtub and just waits for me until I am done. Sometimes when I don't want to open the door, he will stick out his paw from under the door and tag my leg or grab a piece of toilet paper.

He is very playful. He is getting older and doesn't play as much. But he has the best sense of humor and is always doing things that make me giggle.

One time, he attached himself onto my face and i have no idea why but it took a while to peel him off of me.

Also, you know how dogs often go to the door to greet their human? We always had a joke that my cat is really half dog, and half fox. But anyway, the dog part is because he greets me when I come home. (The fox part is because he is super sneaky!)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 04:44 PM

When my dog was alive she was scared of her own farts.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhedonia. View Post
When my dog was alive she was scared of her own farts.
LMAO. I suppose dog farts are scary. I mean they smell bad enough to clear out a room. I actually had a dog that was older and had terrible gas and she would pass gas and then walk away. It's like she knew that they were going to stink horribly and didn't want people to know.

When one of my other cats was alive she used to wake me up by licking my face. Cats don't usually lick people and it seemed like such a dog thing to do. I've always had cats that were half dog though.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 04:59 PM

My cat Toby goes nuts over plastic and earwax. He will lick your ear if you let him get too close! Plastic makes him very frisky, but he also eats it so we don't let him. He will also spend a lot of time moving his water bowl around the kitchen floor. We often trip on it because he puts it in the walkway. He also likes to sleep on the stove. We think it's because it's warm or because that's where mice come in at. Still funny to come downstairs in the morning to a cat sleeping on the stove.

Comet likes to jump on the hood of the stove every so often. I have a photo somewhere. Comet will also go to sleep if you say "Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" in a certain pitch and very drawn out. He can't help but let his eyes close. We've done it since he was 4 weeks old and it never fails. He's also a drool faucet when he first wakes up and is cuddly. Cuddling with him involves me dodging him hovering his face over mine because it just drips everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-the-way View Post
My cat loves sitting in the bathtub for some reason. And everytime I go to use the bathroom, he pushes his way through the door somehow and then settles on either the laundry basket or in the bathtub and just waits for me until I am done. Sometimes when I don't want to open the door, he will stick out his paw from under the door and tag my leg or grab a piece of toilet paper.
Comet does this to me! I call him my bathroom buddy. If I accidentally shut the door before he makes it in there he will meow loudly until I open it.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#6 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 05:14 PM

My moms dog olive will stick her tongue out a little bit and just look at you. It is so darn cute. Also she hates men so when ever men come into my moms house she will go hide under or behind the couch and bark.

My moms other dog tippy will do the craziest things. He sometimes pees in his food bowl. Also if another dog is trying to get the ball he is playing with he will drop it and pee on it, probably to tell the others that it is his.

My dog Jelly is so cute, when people come into the house all are dogs run up the the strangers and start barking, but Jelly will go hide under the bed and bark. So we have a barking bed.

All the dogs go out front to go to the bathroom at night with out a leash. Pixie is so funny she will run out the door with the other dogs then five seconds later she will come right back in. It is like so feels how cold it is and says hell no and runs back in.

Snickers loves her sweater and clothes. She definatley knows which sweater is hers. When we pick it up she goes on the bed or the back of a chair and we hold it up and she sticks her head in it. She also is a very talkative dog. She isn't really growling or whinning is is like she is talking and has a lot to say.

Gazelle is so cute. She has a special position she has to lay in when she is in your arms.

Charlie loves being under covers. When he hears food or something he will walk out from under the blankets and sometimes it will still be on him and it is so cute.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 07:15 PM

When my grey kitty was alive, she would attempt to burrow her food under the counter (there was a space under it) and the table. My mom was constantly sweeping dry kibbles.

My other kitty, the dilute calico, became anxious after the death of the grey kitty in 2005. It wasn't really funny but it certainly was odd! She would continuously lick her belly to the point where all the fur came off!

The grey kitty loved Flexol 454 and whenever my mum put it on, the kitty would catch the scent and hurry over to lick the cream off!

Both the dilute calico and grey kitty both loved wet hair and headbutting it. The dilute calico would begin to knead at it, especially if we laid down with our hair over the arm of the couch.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 8th 2017, 10:42 PM

I love threads like this!

Hands down the best thing my dog has ever done was a couple of years ago. She was spending the night in my house (whereas she normally lived in my mother's house) so she didn't really know the layout very well. My friend and I were outside with her playing fetch, and once she caught the ball she decided she wanted to win so she sprinted inside with it. Or at least, she tried to. What she thought was an open door was actually a full-length glass window. She smacked face-first into it, bounced off, and then hid in the garden with her hard-won tennis ball while my friend and I killed ourselves laughing.

Another funny story happened with a dog I used to know. He wasn't mine, he was my dad's neighbour's, but we were allowed to borrow him whenever we wanted so I'd train him and play with him and take him for walks. This little guy (he was a scruffy little terrier) loved walks, so when I picked up his lead he would usually do something silly like running around the room or jumping on the furniture. This particular time he got so excited he shot across the room and leapt onto a chair. Unfortunately for him, his movement caused the chair to spin so quickly that it flung him back across the room, leaving him very confused - but no less eager for his walk.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 9th 2017, 04:23 AM

My dog does too many funny things.

When I had my rabbits, one would always come to the front of his cage whenever I entered my room and would sit there until I took him out.

The other one LOVED sitting on her little house I bought her.

My gecko tends to jump from one wall of his terrarium to the other wall, and tends to miss and fall..

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#10 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 9th 2017, 07:30 AM

I dont have any pets sadly but this is what a close friends dog did.
My friend had a big, strong Germab Shepherd. So one day me and him are walking the dog and a tiny chihuaha (idk how to spell it) showed up and barked at the Shepherd. The speed at which the Shepherd ran across the road and barked from safety was hillarious.
Another time, my friend washed the dog, and 15 seconds later he ran into the backyard and rolled in the slush.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Oregano Offline
it's a herb

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 9th 2017, 01:04 PM

I have a lot of animals, but I'll try to describe what each of them do in their own freaky funny way.
Tequila is the youngest cat and she loves to drink from the fish bowl, toilet bowl, anything where the water isn't clean. Nasty
Amaroo is the oldest of the three cats, she licks the paint off the walls, and tries to cover her food with nothing.
Ruffo is the second oldest and he demands to be picked up for his food, always meows at the door to be let in. He's really demanding.
Gabby is the old dog and she's smart but stupid. She literally begs for anything even a crumb on the table.

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 10th 2017, 01:40 PM

When my orange cat was alive, he would jump onto the counter or the table. He would stare at you intently, then take his paw and knock stuff onto the floor. He also used to pet my face and give me hives every night before it was time for his dinner. He fell into the toilet once and that was hysterical. I tried not to laugh at him though because I knew he was ashamed of himself.

My kitten is a crazy jumper and my brother was chasing her the other day. She jumped on top of the fridge from the floor which is at least a good five feet. From there, she usually sleeps on top of the cabinets. She climbed up the Christmas tree this Christmas.

I have a really fluffy cat and he is obsessed with his fuzzy tail. He loves his tail and it's hilarious. We gave him a flea bath last summer and he sat ashamed because his tail was wet and it lost its fluffiness. He also has his own blanket and he has a fit when I put it in the washer.

My tortoise used to fight with himself in the mirror because he thought his reflection was another threatening male turtle.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 13th 2017, 12:17 AM

When my old dog was alive (Oliver) We got my cat as a kitten and the very first day we had her he peed on her.

He marked her as his kitty

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 13th 2017, 12:51 AM

Two of my cats are obsessed with water and they will chase you into the bathroom and sit on the edge of the shower and bat the mist. They will also turn on taps (like sinks) and walk under neath them. I have to wrap towels around my bath tub because they once turned the water on when I was at school and I came home to get my iPad charger that I forgot during my spare and found the bathtub running with clothes, towels, and soggy cat food everywhere.

A different cat will come and chase you when you go in the bathroom and come and sit on your lap when you're on the toilet. If you push him off, he comes right back on.

He can also open doors (twisty knob ones or the handle kind, doesn't matter which) which reaaaaalllly creeps out any one who is staying over or if we're watching a scary movie in the theatre or playing games in the rec room and the door handle shakes a few times and then the door opens.

My one dog likes to lay froggy style and scoot on her belly.

Our older dog, will lick the wall or the floor.

Our snake likes to wrap himself around your arm and just chill there, not moving.

Our cats are indoor cats due to some going missing thanks to the wolves/coyote/bobcats that live near us and they will sit at the windows/doors and just make chipmunk noises.

One of our birds talk, and he says things like "hey sexy" "amen" "pretty pretty pretty bird" (and adds in many pretties ) wolf whistles, mimics the oven, phone, microwave and other noises. He mimics the birds from outside as well and on two different occasions we have ended up with a kestrel or a blue jay in our house because they hear him making their noises.

Our piggies will chortle the minute they hear the fridge open or if they hear us cutting veggies/fruits and continue until you feed them.

Our pacu will nip at your fingers if you're trying to give him fruits or such.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 13th 2017, 09:15 AM

I haven't had a pet in a long time. I used to have a hamster before and the little thing learnt to open the latch to his cage. He'd put his paws out twist, turn and get free. We used to actually blame each other at home for having forgotten to lock the cage until we saw him free himself once.

I had a rescued kitten for a week until the people who were supposed to take her came. She'd take the food we gave her in her mouth, drop it into the mud in one of my mom's potted plants, climb into the plant and sit. It was really hot those days and I think she liked the damp mud. It was cute nevertheless.
She'd also sit in the window and meow loudly, then jump down and hide as if she were trying to tease the people walking on the road. (I used to do that when I was little )

We currently have an aquarium and we keep the fish food on a shelf near the tank. When my dad goes to open the shelf to get the food out, the fish get in a frenzy and come to the top of the tank to wait for the food. Oh, they never do that when I put the food (which I rarely do) They just stay where they are, wait for me to close the lid before they swim up to eat. My dad says they don't trust me since I eat non-veg and my parents are vegetarian. Like, what.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#16 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Funny things your pets have done! - February 13th 2017, 10:01 PM

This happened yesterday and I don't know if it was funny because my cat was upset but it was cute. I was taking a shower and didn't scoot my kitten out, so she was locked in the bathroom with me. At one point she decided I was in the shower for too long and she started crying and the next thing I knew, I had a kitten trying to come into the shower with me to make sure I was okay.

My cats also expect to be talked to and if you don't say hello to them they will wait until you do. I was on here and didn't say hi to one of my girls, so she peered around my laptop and put her face in front of the screen and meowed so I would say hello.

Another one of my cats likes water and she helps herself. She flips the faucet on the tub down and drinks when she's thirsty.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread