TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 07:14 AM

I'm curious if any one buys gifts for their pets during the holiday? I've been thinking about looking into doing it this year or next. I think the cats would enjoy it quite a bit because they'd have their own present to open.

It might sound silly but I have heard of people doing this.

Anyway, if you get your pets gifts, where do you get them or what do you get them? I need some ideas.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 11:35 AM

I usually get my pets maybe a toy or some treats. I only get them something small so I know they'll appreciate it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 01:19 PM

Oh my goodness you got me excited!!

I get my cats and my dog a present each year. We have a lot of cats and that can get expensive, so what I do is usually get one (probably two this year for the kitten) prepackaged stockings with toys in them. I tend to get those from Big Lots or Walmart.

I also have a stocking from the dollar store with a cat on it and I get little random toys or new treats. Big Lots usually has pet gifts that aren’t all into prepackaged stockings so I use some of those. However, this year I’m going to get normal toys but get the favorites. One of my cats loves tinsel balls, another adores spirals, and one really likes fuzzy wands so I figure I’ll get a little bit of everything.

I’d say to check out Walmart or Big Lots, and the dollar store if you want a reusable stocking. If you’re looking for something specific I’d try Amazon or Walmart if yours has a good pet selection.

I don’t typically buy any pet gifts from a big box pet store but they do get cool flavored wet foods in and sometimes you can get a Christmas or Thanksgiving meal one so that’s something to look into also.

You’ll have to show me what you get.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the ideas, Cassie.

My Walmart does have a decent selection of cat toys so I might try there. We also have a Big Lots and I have been wanting to check them out.

Dede, has a specific toy that she likes quite a bit so I might get her one of those. I am not certain what the other two cats like though but I can probably figure it out. If I can get it cheap enough I might get one of those interactive toys with the ball and some holes for them to push it around. I used to have one and Dede and Copelynn loved it.

I am kind of excited about getting them something though. They would, likely, appreciate it to a certain extent! Also, they deserve to be spoiled.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 02:28 PM

We always buy our cats and dogs present every year. We have two cats so for them we will get them new scratch pads, and we will go to Meijer and buy them on Amazon. We will buy them little ball toys or small mice from the store or Amazon has a lot of good toys and they're not that expensive. Then for our two dogs we will buy them new babies and are cats and dogs get treats too

You can you go on Amazon on the left side you can put in how much you want to spend and it will bring you up all different toys or what you're looking for and that price range. I hope this helps. Hugs.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 28th 2017, 11:59 PM

When I use to have a dog, we always got him Christmas presents. Because if we didn't, he would spend Christmas morning while we were opening presents, completely in our way. So we decided to get him presents to help distract him. It would either be a new toy, or a bag of his favorite treat, or a new bone to chew on.

We never really gave my cats presents for the holidays, we might start this year. Not sure.

But my grandparents. My mom's parents use to have this giant cranky cat, he was a maine coon for anyone familiar with cats. He would always hide from us, and if we ever found him he would hiss at us. But anyway, every year for Christmas I would make him a bunch of cat toys. Simple fleece fabric sewn together into a square that was filled with catnip, and apparently he loved those. And then when my dad's mom got a pair of cats a few years ago, we started getting toys for them for Christmas.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 29th 2017, 03:27 AM

We do stockings for our dogs and cats that have little treats, bones, and gift coupons for grooming, nails, teeth cleaning, ect from the groomers and the vet. :P We don’t do stockings for the other animals though lol.

Then, we also do actual presents that go under the family tree. The dogs get things like treats, toys and miscellaneous things (ie a new coat, boots, ect). The cats get the same....treats, toys, catnip, new scratching posts, ect. Our other animals just get treats or new toys. We got our Guinea pigs a new cage because the one we bought seemed like a good idea but it is a pain in the butt to clean and hook it up. We’ll probably get cage accessories for our other animals like toys or hammocks as well.

This year we got one of my older dogs a laps of luxury which is a bed that’s shaped like your lap because she has trouble getting onto my sisters lap unless she’s on the floor so hopefully she likes it. We got another self cleaning water bowl as well. My mum ordered a kitty tree house that has multiple levels with leaves and such that will match our decorations. We’re in the middle of renovations that will be done by Christmas so we ordered litter box cabinets for the cat litters so it matches the bathrooms cabinets. We don’t usually get them those kinds of things but they’re necessary and my mum figured at least that way, everything will match and flow.

One thing we’ve learned is to put the treats/bones/catnip/food/ect in a box and then wrap them. We also don’t put any of their things out until Christmas Eve because we’ve had issues with cats ripping open the packages because they smell catnip or treats and same with the dogs. Anything that is for the animals also gets put in the back of the tree (it’s in a spot that’s above the stairs so they can’t get to the back of the tree).

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 29th 2017, 07:58 AM

I live that so many people spoil their pets. I think I have an idea about what I will be getting them. I think they'll like it too.

I love some of the gift ideas you all have!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 29th 2017, 11:12 PM

Unsurprisingly, I also give my pets Christmas presents (my cats and dog also have Christmas outfits ). My dog usually gets a bone, which I'll wrap in newspaper or wrapping paper (without taping it, I just scrunch it up) so that she can then open it herself. I used to put it under the tree with all the other presents, but since it's just me now there won't be a tree or other presents so speak of, so I'll probably just wrap it for her on the day so she can't get at it early. I also sometimes get her a toy as well, usually a tennis ball because those are her favourite. My cats each get some tuna loin, which is the one treat that I've been able to find that they actually like. They get it on special occasions (Christmas and their birthday) and then a few times throughout the year just for the fun of it. I'm not sure what I'll get my rats for their first holiday season; I might just give them their favourite treat and maybe buy them a new hammock or bed. I'm still figuring out what their favourite things are.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 30th 2017, 10:02 PM

I make up a stocking with toys, treats, dog poopy bags, towels, so forth for my dog. I typically also include things that he needs (dog poop bags) and some fun things as well. His stocking has a dog on the front. I try to fill it and then some with a variety of different things.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#11 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - October 30th 2017, 11:30 PM

I give my pets christmas presents! My pets are family. I always get her bones, toys, treats etc

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - November 1st 2017, 05:00 AM

We will probably get our dog a nice fluff sock. May sound stupid but he loves socks^^ and maybe a new toy to play as well

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - November 2nd 2017, 02:53 AM

I did when my dog was alive. Normally we gave her some good treats and a toy.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Oregano Offline
it's a herb

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - November 2nd 2017, 09:31 AM

I get all of my pets presents for Christmas, and their birthdays!
Cats - collars, fancy food
Dog - new dog bed, toys
Parrots - new toys and treats for them
Guinea pigs - new hutches, and toys and food
Fishes - bloodworms

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
caterina123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caterina Smith

Re: Christmas presents for pets? - November 14th 2017, 07:06 AM

I give presents for my pets everyday

Closed Thread