TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Cool Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - March 23rd 2018, 11:51 PM

Hello everyone!

The Articles Team is doing some changes and we are reviving Articles. Today, the article that is being revived is, Helpful hints for training your dog, because...

Today is National Puppy Day!

Is the article helpful in how you approach training your dog? Did you learn anything new from reading, Helpful hints for training your dog?

What are some training have you done with your dog that has worked?

Do you have any helpful hints that have worked to train your dog?

Since, it is National Puppy Day, do you remember the first day you met your dog?

I look forward to reading all of your responses.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - March 24th 2018, 12:36 AM

I don’t have much in the way of training because I was young when I got my dog. But we got her before my birthday party. I think I was maybe 6 or 7. My parents had me open a present and inside was dog food and a stuffed dog. It didn’t dawn on me why they were giving me that and I didn’t realize at all until we got to the humane society. We looked at the dogs and my mind was stuck on my dog. We took her to a room to get to know her and I knew I wanted her. I named her Misty after a Pokémon character. Then they gave her a leash and collar and since she was a runt and so tiny her only option was a green one. We took her home and she was in my life until my sophomore year of high school.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - March 25th 2018, 06:54 AM

I have never done a ton of training but if I get a dog in the future I would.

I think this article would help to an extent. I know my dad did a lot of our older dogs training from books so i think this article could help a fair few people get started with training.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - March 27th 2018, 01:59 AM

This is a good article to read.

Thanks for sharing!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - April 2nd 2018, 07:56 AM

For obvious reasons I didn't learn anything new from reading this article, but I figured I'd answer your other questions.

I definitely do remember the first time I met my dog. She was about four months old, and I went to the pound to pick out my first dog. She was the only puppy there, and she was adorable. I took her home for a trial, during which she made a nuisance of herself - she'd nip us, chase the cats, chew everything in sight. But we kept her for the weekend, and I fell in love. As such I never even thought about taking her back.

One of the most important things I've learned while training her is to go in with a plan, but always be ready to adjust it. Sometimes if I'm trying to teach her something, it just doesn't work (usually with more complex skills that have to be caught in smaller steps, like teaching her to turn on a light). In that case I have to take a step back and ask myself Why isn't this working? Usually it's a fairly obvious cause, like I'm asking too much of her or I'm not breaking it down into small enough steps. Once I've identified that, I can adjust the plan accordingly and allow us to move forward. So if you're trying to train your dog and you're finding that they're not learning the way you'd hoped, don't be scared to take a break, think about the issue, and change your approach so that it does work.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
AndrewRodgers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrew Rodgers

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - April 5th 2018, 11:29 AM

Thanks for sharing! I like these hints!

I always considered that dogs and horses are the most human animals! We are responsible for those who are tamed.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Article Revival: Helpful hints for training your dog - April 19th 2018, 02:01 PM

Thank you for sharing this. Hugs.

Closed Thread