TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abnormal girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy uhgg - April 27th 2012, 08:07 PM

i cant atop cutting no matter what i do not like i wanna stop though i cant live with out feeling that relief of it and its killing me that i need to cut to be somewhat happy

(#2 (permalink)) Old
caffeineislife Offline
Not a n00b

Name: vive

Re: uhgg - April 27th 2012, 08:29 PM

i am sorry that you feel like this. i know its hard but ceep trying to stop cuting. i feel the same way. most of the time i cant see a way to stop but i know people that have so it can be done. just ceep trying you can do this

Speak softly and carry a big stick

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Merpop. Offline
Under the sea...

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: uhgg - April 29th 2012, 12:19 AM

Hey there,

I know that it may be difficult to stop, but you have already made the first step by saying that you want help. Self harm is an addictive cycle that is hard to break. The problem is that it doesn't get to the root of your problems, and therefore you keep coming back to it. Not only that, but self harm can become dangerous. You can definitely stop though. The first step was saying that you want to stop.

One thing that you can do is tell someone what it is going on. I know that this is difficult, but you need a support system around you that can help you through whatever you are going through. You can tell your parents, of course, and ask them if you can see a medical professional such as a therapist. A therapist can help you get to the root of your problems and give you another coping mechanism to use in the place of self harm. Or, you can start by talking to a school counselor. If your school doesn't have one of those, talk to the school nurse. These people can help you get through your problems as well and even recommend a professional to see. It is always very good to have someone to vent to. You have to remember that you will not be going through this alone.

If it is difficult for you to talk to people about these things out loud, write it in a letter. Tell them everything that is going on and deliver it to them. They will still want to talk to you about it, but it may make it easier knowing you got the main ideas out without interruption or nerves getting in the way.

Another thing you can do is use some alternatives to self harm, such as the ones found here. Remember that even though not every alternative works for every person, there will be one for you if you just try some out. It is better to do something instead of self harming that can take your mind off of self harm and possibly make you feel a bit better. Self harm doesn't really solve any of your problems, and that is why they keep coming back. One thing that may help you is going to see a friend or family member when you have the urge to self harm, because it's harder to self harm in front of people.

Even though this may be difficult, you CAN get through this. Please try to stay strong, even if you slip up you can pick yourself right back up and start over again. You can beat this cycle.

Come with me
And you'll be
In a
World of
Pure imagination

What is the meaning of tofu?
  Send a message via AIM to Merpop. Send a message via MSN to Merpop. Send a message via Yahoo to Merpop.  
Closed Thread