TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12

so much hard work gone! - July 2nd 2012, 03:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

seriously. a month and a weeks work down the drain. i hadnt cut it that long and i was so proud of myself and then one day just gets to me and i break. for the past couple days i have been feeling so alone and unwanted. ive never felt this alone, ever. its just gotten so bad. and then i had to babysit my cousins on friday, a day after two of my best guy friends left me. and i was just so on edge. so i went in my room and tried to fight the urge but it didnt work. then today i felt so on edge and so alone i did it again. so much hard work down the drain! so mad at myself....
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Points: 16,688, Level: 18 Points: 16,688, Level: 18 Points: 16,688, Level: 18

Re: so much hard work gone! - July 2nd 2012, 05:49 PM

good job for going so long without it! All you have to do is try and try again Theres a list of alternatives to self harm on this forum, maybe try some of those?

If you ever need to talk, pm me

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14

Re: so much hard work gone! - July 2nd 2012, 06:50 PM

Hey.
You did really wel foer going so long and you are right to have been proud of yourself going without self harm is an amazing achievement. Sometimes it goes wrong but you have to take it day by day and then you have to try to fight it. Sometimes it goes wrong, sometimes it's too hard but then you just go out there and face another day of fighting.

If you ever need to talk then my pm box is open for you
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: so much hard work gone! - July 2nd 2012, 07:55 PM

Hey there,

Like the others have said, You should be extremely proud of yourself for staying self harm free for a month. I know it's kind of discouraging when we make a mistake, but all you can do is learn from it and pick yourself back up again! You can get through this, and relapses are going to happen to most of us, it's happened to me many times, but we just have to keep moving forward and try our best. Nothing went down the drain, it was a huge step, you just have to keep stepping forward.

Sometimes the urges get to us, and they really suck, and sometimes it can be difficult to get rid of them. You should try some alternatives like suggested above. Some of them really do work. Here's a list of them: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Just try going through the list and finding a few that work for you. You could also stay around people when you get the urge or feeling bad, that way you can't, cause you're around people! Another thing that I find really helpful is writing in a journal. You could keep some inspirational quotes, pictures, good time with friends and such in it and then when you feel sad, you can look it to help you feel better in those tough spots.

I also recommend that you talk to someone you trust about the feelings you've been having and about the self harm. It might be scary at first, but having a support system is a really great thing that helps us, and it is so worth it. You could tell your parents, friends, or a counselor or teacher. Writing a letter is a good way to tell them also.

I hope this helped a bit. Remember to stay strong and keep moving forward, don't let this get you down You're really strong, you just have to keep going! If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me! Take care.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 15,483, Level: 18 Points: 15,483, Level: 18 Points: 15,483, Level: 18

Re: so much hard work gone! - July 4th 2012, 09:57 AM

I'm going to tell you what I tell many people who relapse
Every human goes on some hard path in their life, and every road has some bumps in it. Does hitting one of those bumps make you unable to recover or weak? No. Does getting to one of those bumps make you a bad person? No. Wanna know what it makes you? Human. All you've gotta do is learn from this relapse and use it as motivation to keep yourself going without SH. You can beat this!
As others have said, one month and a week is a GIGANTIC accomplishment, so feel proud!
I also recommend you look at the alternatives Don't give up if some of them don't work. Try every single one until you find one that works for you. Maybe you could even try a combination of them! Don't give up.
Stay strong and PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12 Points: 7,663, Level: 12

Re: so much hard work gone! - July 5th 2012, 02:37 AM

thank you guys a whole lot. ive realized that a month and a week actually is pretty big. im always better with goals so i think ill make myself goals and then continue from there(: thanks!
Closed Thread