TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
1 in a billion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

Unhappy :( - July 13th 2012, 06:36 AM

So, I'm new on here. I cut. I have friends that cut/used to cut. I stopped for a while last month, but yesterday the urge was really strong and I cut. I took a pair of sizors and cut. I didn't tell anyone. My "friends" stopped replying to my emails and stuff. And a lot of other stuff happened that pushed me into cutting, I won't say what it was cause certain people will get mad at me if they find out. So now I kinda really hate myself and my life. I was thinking about commiting suicide, too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jeeajm123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: :( - July 13th 2012, 08:18 AM

First of all welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you find this website useful. Don't hate yourself for cutting. We all mess up and that's exactly what you did. You didn't really go into detail about what happened exactly that made you cut but if you ever have urges to cut try using some of these alternatives. This is the link for it, http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Keep in mind not all of these work for everybody so see what works for you. If you ever need someone to talk to I am always here for you!
-Chloe

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: :( - July 13th 2012, 08:19 AM

Hun you can't think like that, suicide is not the answer in anyway EVER! Remember that. A month is a good amount of time good job on that, but relapsing is hard when it happens, I would know but you can't give up, it's doesn't matter if others have. Do your parents know? chances are that might even if you haven't told them. BTW how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I would really consider seeing a counselor, just someone to talk to who is there to listen and to give you some advice. If you need help with anything else just let me know, you can even send me a message.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: :( - July 13th 2012, 04:37 PM

Hey there,

First, I am so sorry that you're struggling right now. You should be really proud of yourself for stopping for a while, sometimes the urges just get really strong and we relapse, it happens to most of the people struggling with self harm, myself included.

I really think you should look at that thread posted above. Alternatives are a great way to distract yourself and help with the urges to self harm, I know I run because it gets me away from the things upsetting me and stuff like that. Don't get discouraged if not all of them work for you though! Just keep trying until you find a few that do work! It might also be a good idea to keep a journal to find out what triggers you, you could write down everything when you feel like self harming that way you know to avoid certain situations or how to overcome the urges.

I also think that you should talk to someone about the self harm, I'm sorry that your friends haven't been very supportive, but is there someone else you could tell that you trust? Maybe a parent, teacher or a counselor? I know it's pretty scary at first, but having a support system is worth it and it makes things a lot easier.

You're not alone, you can get through this. I know things might be tough right now but you will get through this. It's tough but you're really strong. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me! Good luck and take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
1 in a billion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: :( - July 16th 2012, 06:22 AM

I didn't say why I cut cause people would get mad at me if I did.

Silhouettes are but
masks made by the sun.
~D.M.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
1 in a billion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: :( - July 16th 2012, 06:24 AM

no my parents don't know. They're like blind to it. I'm 12.... I'm afraid of counselors.

Silhouettes are but
masks made by the sun.
~D.M.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
1 in a billion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: :( - July 16th 2012, 06:26 AM

I know what triggers it, but I don't know how to avoid it. I have no one else to talk to, I have trust issues.

Silhouettes are but
masks made by the sun.
~D.M.

Closed Thread