TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bubblegum865 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help - July 14th 2012, 06:37 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so I'm starting to have thoughts about cutting but scared if I do then I won't be able to stop. I have never cut before and don't want to but I can't help the thought that it might take every pain, angry, and many other emotions away makes me think about doing it more. I don't have friends who I can tell anything to. I feel alone. I don't want to do something I'll regret! I need someone who can listen and help. I feel like my mind is gonna explode.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
shiro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hehe. You cant know!

Re: Help - July 14th 2012, 10:31 AM

Please, for the love of god, don't get yourself into this! I know that sounds really hypocritical coming from a cutter theirself, but please... it may seem like it helps at first, but then you've got yourself caught in this mess and its just god awful to feel like this, like you can't control what you do anymore, like you have to do this or your gonna explode. Please, dont. I know where you are, but the difference is i chose to give in, and you havent so far... and i really hope you don't!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAnna Offline
Anna Banana
Average Joe

Name: Anna

Re: Help - July 16th 2012, 10:32 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry you're feeling like this but please, don't consider self harm as an appropriate option to release all those pent up emotions. As mentioned before, you're lucky you're not already in this mess of SH, when you cut your mind associates the action of cutting to the temporary feeling of relief and then makes you think that's what you need whenever you feel the need for relief. There are other, better, ways to stop your emotions overwhelming you, such as sport, which releases endorphines which are chemicals that make you happy. If you ever feel the urge to self harm check out the alternatives to self harm thread.

Stay strong
Anna

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone

Last edited by ForeverAnna; July 17th 2012 at 06:15 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to ForeverAnna  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Wildflower2009 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Whitney

Re: Help - July 17th 2012, 04:34 AM

It may be cliche... but if you dont start, you wont have to quit!
I was 14 when I started cutting. I was a social outcast at a preppy private school. I only had 3 friends who were also social outcasts and self-harmed.
Cutting helped for a little while, but then it didnt help anymore because I felt like my stress and pain were just getting worse and I wasnt getting the feelings out. The summer after I turned 15 I went to camp and told one of my counselors about my problem. She had recently stopped cutting after doing it for several years. I trusted her with all of secrets and problems. The last day of camp she gave me a journal so I could write down my feelings. I know that having a diary sounds lame. But it worked! Whenever I was mad or upset Id scribble it down in the journal. Sometimes I ripped it out and threw it away, sometimes Id just read it over and over until felt better!
But seriously, dont turn to cutting to "fix" your problems! Find something else that works for you! Maybe a journal, maybe sports, maybe music... but hurting yourself is not a solution!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lelo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marie

I'd do it all over - July 17th 2012, 05:14 AM

Yes, for a few minutes a day cutting helps me. But once that quick relife is over I am faced with more pain then ever. Take it from someone who has been an Self-harmer for 3 and a half years now. With every cut you fall deeper into this living nightmare.

Looking back at when I started, I was young and stupid and hurt. I didn't know what eles to do, I was just a scared nine year old hoping for a way out of hell, instead i just opened another door into it. I have always said and probably always will say I'd do it all over differently. Instead of crying into my pillow and cutting myself, i would have cried into my fathers shoulder.

Although my parents do not know, my choice (yes I have come to terms with the fact that every time I cut I am making a consious dession) to self-harm has changed my family forever. I have pulled away in order to keep my secret, and sacrificed my relationship with my family, to save my relationship with the blade.

So listen save yourself, just DON"T do it.
You can always talk to me if things get tough

Last edited by Lelo; July 17th 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Closed Thread