TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shannon_bubs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shannon

Exclamation my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 10th 2012, 10:28 PM

so it all started about a year ago. my best friend had recently told me that she started self harming. i was really upset but i decided to help her through it. she wouldnt stop. i wanted to see what all the fuss was about so i got a hair slide and picked the rubber ends off of it. it ended up being very sharp. i cut very deep in my left hand and i told my family it was an accident with my dog. it felt really good so the next day i did it again. on my hand next to the other. blamed on the dog. it ended up i had used the hair slide to cut myself 3 times, twice on the hand and on my right leg. i then descovered that i could get the razor blades out of my razors. the next night and i ha about 9 different cuts on my leg. then i stopped. i was clear for 6 weeks and then it came back. i was recently being picked on for my weight and i hated it. got my razors and cut about 30 times on my left arm. not something to be proud of. i then saw how much of a release it was to do it. i have not done it around 30 more times including an extremely deep cut on my left thigh. i am not proud of any of this and each time i do it i hate myself a little bit more. i just wanted to share my story in the hope that others would find strength where i fund weakness... to this day i a still cutting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Re: my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 10th 2012, 11:00 PM

Hello Shannon (im assuming that is your name)

I am so sorry you found a reason to begin cutting. You should really try to stop though. I know it provides a release (I have been a cutter for 2 years, and still do it).

This is a list of alternatives.

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

I found some of them useful. You should try all of them until you find some that work. As you probably knows, scars are not that attractive and they will always be there

If you EVER need to talk about anything, I am here to talk to Pm/vm me

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 11th 2012, 02:34 PM

Hey there and welcome to TeenHelp! I'm really sorry that you're going through this right now. I know what you're going through and how awful it feels. I know it feels like it's never going to get better, but it really can. Please check out the alternatives thread that Rachael recommended. There are a bunch of different methods there, so if one doesnt work for you, dont get too down about it, just try another.

It's so awesome that you opened up about what you're going through on here. Is there anyone in your life that you can talk to about it? A friend, parent or school counselor? This is a lot for you to deal with on your own, and it shouldn't have to be that way. If your best friend is also struggling, maybe you could talk to her and the two of you could get help together or at least have someone to talk to. You could work on this together. Do you know what triggered you to start cutting? Recognizing your triggers is a part of recovery.

Please make sure you take care of yourself. There's a thread on first aid information here (hope that link works, I'm doing this from my phone haha)

Just because you feel weak now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. You're so much stronger than you think you are. You don't deserve to be in this much pain. Hang in there!!

Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
shannon_bubs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 11th 2012, 03:38 PM

i have told my best friend. she was there for a while until she got counsiling from the school. then she completely changed and we got into a lot of arguments. i dont want to get help because my parents arent the best at understanding things like this. thank you so much for all the lovely stuff u said even though its hard for me to believe. <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
shannon_bubs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 11th 2012, 03:41 PM

ita amazing how lovely everyone is on here. i thought everyone was going to have a go because i know its not the right was to deal with things but at the moment in my life its the only thing i have full control over. i would pm u but i have no idea how to! lol thankyou though, maybe we could share stories some time lol <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: my story (gets a bit grafic) - August 11th 2012, 07:48 PM

Maybe you could talk to the school counselor too? And if you do decide to talk to your parents, you don't have to tell them the full extent of everything you're going through, just that you're having a hard time and they could help you get to a therapist. Talking to a psychologist really helped me.

If you're not ready to stop self harming, then you're not going to. You have to make that decision for yourself, but it's not impossible and you really can do it. You don't deserve to be in so much pain!

Ps if you click on someone's username a little menu box comes up and then you can send a private message

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

Closed Thread