TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
optimal003 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 05:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Um, okay...Schools starting soon and I'm scared something will trigger me to c.u.t.
Teachers are really hard on me and make me feel like an idiot if I get something wrong
Last year it was a trigger, but I learned to deal with it till I got home.
Now I carry blades with me just in case
I'm not sure how to deal with it if I need to or not..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Andie

Re: Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 07:18 AM

First,if you want to stop,you can't carry things with you that won't let you.
Second,ask for help if you need it,go to a teacher you trust,you don't have to tell them everything,just that your having a hard time and need some help.
It will be better in the long run,trust me.

Believe the tunnel can end, believe your body can mend.
Yea I know you could make it through cause I believe in you.
---"GO";Boys like Girls.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ebonywillis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 08:28 AM

i had this kind of problem, but i told a teacher i trusted and she passed it on to the deputy head and it really helped so talk to a teacher.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 02:27 PM

Hey First of all, welcome to TeenHelp!

As far as being triggered at school, I agree with the above posts that it would be a good idea to talk to a teacher or a guidance counselor about the teachers that are giving you a hard time. You don't have to tell them everything if you don't want to, but if you talk to someone, they might be able to talk to the teachers that are triggering you and hopefully help out. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to continue carrying the blades around with you. If you already have them with you, it's a lot harder to resist the urges to self harm.

You should also take a look at this list of alternatives to self harm http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Not everything will work for everyone so you might have to try several different things. It might also help if you make your own list of alternatives that you can take with you to school for when you are feeling triggered. Just make sure they are things you can actually do while at school.

Hope this helps!

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 02:27 PM

Hey First of all, welcome to TeenHelp!

As far as being triggered at school, I agree with the above posts that it would be a good idea to talk to a teacher or a guidance counselor about the teachers that are giving you a hard time. You don't have to tell them everything if you don't want to, but if you talk to someone, they might be able to talk to the teachers that are triggering you and hopefully help out. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to continue carrying the blades around with you. If you already have them with you, it's a lot harder to resist the urges to self harm.

You should also take a look at this list of alternatives to self harm http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Not everything will work for everyone so you might have to try several different things. It might also help if you make your own list of alternatives that you can take with you to school for when you are feeling triggered. Just make sure they are things you can actually do while at school.

Hope this helps!

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Triggered at school? - August 18th 2012, 03:12 PM

It will help greatly if you get rid of the blades that you are carrying around with you. If you don't have them it will help you to overcome these feelings without being able to cut. Which is a great step toward recovery. Carrying them around with you makes it nearly impossible. I also suggest, like the others, that you talk to your school counselor and make them aware of how you feel when you are at school. They can't make school easier for you, but talking to them and learning ways to cope with stress that do not involve cutting will be a great help. Stay strong, I know you can.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread