TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lexus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Not sure what to do... - September 2nd 2012, 07:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hiya all~

This is my 1st post on th and I'm kinda nervous about askin but i dont really know what to do anymore.

I've had trouble with Sh for awhile Not really sure how long,But I've always been able to keep it Kinda "in control" But now i've been feeling like no matter what I do its always gonna be the same old Crap,One failed attempt at bettering my self after another.

basically I've been sh'ing alot more and I'm running outta room on my left arm ~ I've always told myself i'd keep my right arm safe and strong But i've been feeling the urge to just use that space

Not sure what to do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 2nd 2012, 08:18 AM

Hello,

Glad you decided to open up and try to get help on this. No need to be nervous, you have a friend in me and several others no matter who you are. We're here for you.
As for your SH, I understand how hard it can be. It's good you're trying to stop SH-ing. That's the first step.

You should have a look at this thread for Alternatives to Self-Harm. I hope it helps you.

If you need support, you can always PM me anytime you wanna talk. If you feel lonely or sad, or feel like hurting yourself, you can PM me and I'll talk you through it anytime. You can get through this, I know you can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 2nd 2012, 08:58 AM

Thank you for the link! imma check those out~

and I appreciate that,its nice to have someone to talk to when it seems like no one cares~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 2nd 2012, 12:23 PM

You're welcome. I do care, even though I just met you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 2nd 2012, 04:35 PM

Welcome to TH! I'm really sorry you're going through such a hard time. I've been there and I know how awful it is. You're not alone. You don't need to be nervous, we're here for you. Have you told anyone in your life what you're going through? A friend, parent, or school counselor?
You really should check out the alternatives thread. There are so many different methods there, so if one doesn't work for you, don't get too discouraged, just try another.
Like Christabel said, we care about you on here. Even though I don't really know you, I care about you because I've been where you are and I want you to be okay! Things can get better. If you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me!
Hang in there,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lexus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 3rd 2012, 10:49 AM

Yea I only have like 2 friends But they're both very important and I trust them so I let them know what was up~ One doesn't really know what to say but likes to keep me busy And the other one understands and has helped me threw some tough times already.

My mom found out awhile ago when she grabbed My arm to get my attention,She seems like she doesn't know what to say,Not sure I even want her to say anything~

I checked out that alternatives thread,Theres a few things in I do/have done But theres alot of stuff I haven't even thought of that I plan to try

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Not sure what to do... - September 5th 2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Yea I only have like 2 friends But they're both very important and I trust them so I let them know what was up~ One doesn't really know what to say but likes to keep me busy And the other one understands and has helped me threw some tough times already.

My mom found out awhile ago when she grabbed My arm to get my attention,She seems like she doesn't know what to say,Not sure I even want her to say anything~

I checked out that alternatives thread,Theres a few things in I do/have done But theres alot of stuff I haven't even thought of that I plan to try
I hope it works for you. I'm so glad your friends can help you out and be there for you.
I also hope your mom can help you in some way in supporting you and helping you stop. Good luck!

Closed Thread