TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Young Mechanic Offline
Reads more then he posts
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blake.

Its hard - September 11th 2012, 12:26 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

well ill do some catching up first. i used to be on here alot back in like 07-08 then i forgot my account(also heard the site crashed in 09 so not sure if it was forgoten or got messed up) and rejoined under this name . i have allways been the shy type so never posted a whole lot (been getting over that tho) anyway i sort of vanished for awhile again.

now to get on with why im here. i have had issues with depression since i was 16, got worse when i was 17 and that was the age i first cut my self. it was only occasional back then until i was 18 and my father passed. then it got bad. then after awhile i really wanted to stop and it was hard. but i managed to but only a couple of months and it started again. and ive been on and off like that until 2010, in 2010 alot of family issues were going on and i just couldnít handle it. so of course i turned to cutting . it was getting really bad after awhile until june 2011. and i finaly focused on stopping. i had almost relasped so many times but managed not to do it. i hadnt cut in a year and 3 months. until a couple days ago. that feeling of release was so wonderful feeling. im not sure if ill be able to stop again and im scared. i was so proud of my self for going that long. and one thing that scares me is i have that old feeling of "not wanting to stop" back as well. =/

i dont have many people i can talk to about this kind of stuffs except for 2 people that understand it in a sense but i even have a hard time talking to them about it. so i thought id come check back in over here and this out

sorry about the post being wrong and so many grammar errors im not to good at grammer and book smart stuff i have other talents (mechanics and computer )

~ Blake.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lex

Re: Its hard - September 11th 2012, 04:33 PM

Hey don't worry about that stuff being wrong, I have seen much worse on here. You should be proud of yourself for going as long as you did. I havn't gone that long yet though im trying. I know how you feel wih not having many people to talk to and trying to quit. If you want to talk feel free to PM me. I cant offer much more than a listiening ear, but I'll try to help. -Lexie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Its hard - September 11th 2012, 06:49 PM

Well, obviously something inside of you wanted to quit before, and I imagine you have at least some motivation to quit now (or else you wouldn't have left this post, of course).

Anyways, since you're not a newbie, I don't need to go over the typical links that'd help. I would, however, strongly suggest you check out the Alternatives to Self-Harm thread, to give you some ideas to cope with the urges to cut.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Young Mechanic Offline
Reads more then he posts
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blake.

Re: Its hard - September 12th 2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissdontwannabehere View Post
Hey don't worry about that stuff being wrong, I have seen much worse on here. You should be proud of yourself for going as long as you did. I havn't gone that long yet though im trying. I know how you feel wih not having many people to talk to and trying to quit. If you want to talk feel free to PM me. I cant offer much more than a listiening ear, but I'll try to help. -Lexie
I am still pretty proud of my self, but kind of let down in my self too its confusing feeling :S , yeah the 2 people i know that know about this . both are recovering from it as well. so im scared to trigger them.
ill keep you in mind when i need to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Well, obviously something inside of you wanted to quit before, and I imagine you have at least some motivation to quit now (or else you wouldn't have left this post, of course).

Anyways, since you're not a newbie, I don't need to go over the typical links that'd help. I would, however, strongly suggest you check out the Alternatives to Self-Harm thread, to give you some ideas to cope with the urges to cut.
Well yes its like. i want to quit. but i dont at the same time :S its alot like last year all over again. i am trying again though .

its just its so hard to quit especially when i havenít found any other way to deal with stress and bottled up feelings, blame and anger,

yeah ive been over the whole fourm pretty much a couple times. the alternatives never really did the trick for me though in the past but there worth a try again

~ Blake.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lex

Re: Its hard - September 13th 2012, 04:33 PM

Good luck dude, i think you can do it

Closed Thread