TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maryann

I dont know what to do.. **May trigger** - September 26th 2012, 08:05 PM

So i havent been on here in forever but im struggling really bad right now..
Ive been self-injury free for 5 months and Sunday i broke. I cut Sunday and Monday and saw my counselor Tuesday and told her.. I had to show her my cuts and she had me go to crisis. They wanted me to be hospitalized short term but i didnt have a way to the hospital. Now i have someone who will take me but its not guaranteed they will admit me. I feel like im slipping back in to this old habit.. I dont know what to do all i know is i need help.

Proud Pentecostal Girl

RIP big brother
pfc. Bradley Shane Coleman
9/22/84-10/29/08
my class ring. orange ribbon 4 si awarness!!!! i love my ring!!
  Send a message via MSN to butterflygirl_13 Send a message via Yahoo to butterflygirl_13  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: I dont know what to do.. **May trigger** - September 27th 2012, 01:46 AM

Well it's a good thing that you've recognized that you need help. That would be the first step, right? I understand what you're going through, but you're strong and you'll be able to make it through this. Before you tell me you're not strong, think about this: If you weren't strong, why would you want to stop? Why would you want help? You have more power then you think, and just opening up to the forums is a good way to prove that to yourself.

If you think you should go into the short term, you should try to get in. Tell your therapist the next time you see them that you think it's necessary, or just get a ride down to the clinic and hope they'll take you in. I'm not sure what those are like, but I wish you luck in your road to recovery. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
Closed Thread