TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy Self harming - July 9th 2013, 04:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am really struggling. Self harming is my only option. No one would care if I hurt myself. I don't want to be here anymore.
I really need someone. It feels like I don't have anyone.
I took a knife and cut really deep.
I can't stop. It's taking all of my pain away.
I am very sad and I want to cry.
I don't know how to stop self harming. It's my only option.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

Last edited by *MusicIsMyLife*; July 9th 2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Triggering

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Self harming - July 9th 2013, 04:51 AM

"No one would care if I hurt myself."

No. You're wrong there, darling. There is not one person on this planet that is not loved by somebody. I believe that.
You can stop. You absolutely can stop.
I'm sorry you're going through this. Deep breaths. It'll be okay.
Do you know Jesus?
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Self harming - July 9th 2013, 02:16 PM

Hey there,

I know you feel like no one cares but there are probably people out there who do care about you. It might be hard to see who those people are because you are struggling so much at the moment. The fact is that when a person is struggling with sadness they have a hard time seeing who is there for them.

I think it would be a good idea for you to look into counseling to try and deal with these things. If you can maybe you could go to your school counselor and talk to him or her about everything that is going on. I know it is probably summer right now but hang on until the school year starts up again and then go to the counselor. I am sure they would be more than willing to try and help you work on getting to a better place.

As for the self harm I think you should consider looking at Alternatives to Self Harm. You need to work on finding healthier coping skills to deal with everything that is going on in your life and the alternatives are a great tool to help you do that.

I hope this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BrittLovesRicky Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany Cox

Re: Self harming - July 9th 2013, 03:25 PM

Rebecca, I just want you to know that i have once felt the exact same way as you. I had felt if no one cared and felt as if cutting was my only option. Everyone goes through that phase atleast once in their life. I had a great boyfriend, was doing good in school, had friends that loved me and family who would kill for me. But for some reason, i felt sad all the time and wanted to cut. I wanted all my pain to go away. One day, i cut to deep. The sad part is, i done it right in front of my family. I was rushed to the hospital and had stitches put in. The doctor told me i was only half an inch away from cutting one of my main vains and i would have bled to death.
Seeing my family freak out the way they did assured me that i did have a good life and good family.

That was december 23rd 2007. I am going to be 21 in 2 months.. And i realized that i didnt have it that bad back then. I actually have it a million times worse now. But with that knowledge, i can keep going. I fight every day to keep myself from cutting. They say over time it gets easier but it doesnt. Once you have cut before, that seems like the only option.. But again, its not.

Im not telling you not to do it because its bad. Im telling you not to do it because i was once there and know exactly how it feels. And i know one day you will see that everyone around you would be affected by you decision. Even if you think not at the moment.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Self harming - July 10th 2013, 12:00 AM

I would care! Take a deep breath, hun. Self harming isn't the only option. It's probably the first option to come to mind but there's always a choice. And it's hard to think straight when you're upset. I get that. But you deserve better. You said it's taking the pain away but it's only temporary. Cutting doesn't fix the underlying issues, it only adds to them.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

Closed Thread