TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moira

Unhappy Really bad relapse - July 17th 2013, 03:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I used to come on this site...a lot seeking advice, but then I got a boyfriend who helped me through everyrhing, he helped me stop cutting and have me what no one else ever did...then his stupid step father came along....he scares me, he screams and yells, he throws things and hell back my boyfriends mother and siblings into corners (note the fact that cat is 13, zoey is almost 2 and Colin is a newborn) I've dealt with him yelling before and I always got over it...but then he moved them 5 miles away, he told bailey (my boyfriend) that I was tearing the family apart and he had to brake up with me, of course he didn't brake up with me but this who thing caused a major relapse I darted cutting again....it's worse then before and I can't stop it, I don't know what to do anymore, braking up with bailey is out of the picture, that would only make things so much worse, please I now I sound Whiney but I need help I'm scared this man is going to take everything from me...he already made me relapse 3 times

I don't owe you anything, you'll only die a dream forgotten. I've got my pride so hear me sing, I'll never let you steal my coffin
~coffin:bvb~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Really bad relapse - July 17th 2013, 03:23 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry all of this is going on but I want you to know that it can get better. I think it is great that you have someone in your life that you care about. I am just sorry it is being complicated by someone who seems so upset, angry and mean. I think the thing you need to remember is that you can recover from these relapses that you have had.

It seems as though your biggest stressor at the moment is the situation with your boyfriend and his family. Have you talked to your boyfriend about any of this and tried to work on coming up with some resolutions to the problem? They might not be the greatest resolutions but you might be able to do something to ease all the stress you are feeling regarding it which could help a lot. It sounds like your boyfriend cares about you a lot and I am sure he would want to know what is going on with you to offer support.

I know you are scared of losing your boyfriend but when people care about one another they don't let others get in the way. Just because his step-dad is being a jerk and trying to tear you two apart doesn't mean that would happen. The best thing you can do is to try and not worry about the 'what ifs' because that will only cause you more stress than necessary and you will end up feeling strong urges to harm yourself.

I think it is important that you work on finding healthy coping skills to deal with all the stress you are under. Here are the alternatives to self harm take a look at that list and whenever you are feeling an urge to harm yourself try using some of the things listed there. Remember that sometimes the urges will be really strong but if you take your time and fight through them while using the alternatives you can overcome this relapse.

Have you ever considered looking into counseling? A counselor might be a good tool to use while you are dealing with all this stuff because they can supply you with proper coping skills to deal with the situation and give you a safe place to vent.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread