TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liddy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lydia

i hate family - July 30th 2013, 09:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

yesterday was a good day until my family got home and as usual we had another fight but this time i didnít take it anymore and i hit them back, they hate me and i cut deepest i ever have and i bled loads i just left it but i probably needs stitches because it is really deep and you could see the fat and ugh and i went really dizzy and light headed. now my room has blood all over and i dont know what to do i need to tidy it and there is loads of alchohol and painkillers in the house this is really tempting

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: i hate family - July 30th 2013, 04:34 PM

Hi Lydia, that sounds hard for you. Firstly make sure you look after your wounds, and keep them from getting infected, for more first aid click here. If your still dizzy and lightheaded it may be a good idea for you to get some medical help. I'm sure your family doesn't hate you, they will always love you no matter what. Please don't do anything you regret. I'm always here if you want to talk.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lexi-babi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i hate family - July 30th 2013, 06:26 PM

Hi Lydia, I can understand about family drama and how it makes you want to cut but you should really try to take care of yourself. The next time you're angry with your family try directing that anger into something else other than cutting. Maybe punching a pillow, or screaming into one. But if you do cut please try to take care of the wound so that it doesn't get infected and so that you don't hurt yourself badly enough that you will completely regret it later on. Be strong and if you ever need to talk pm me.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lexi-babi  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: i hate family - July 30th 2013, 07:27 PM

Hi Lydia, as said above please take care of yourself and your wounds. You don't want them getting infected, or being so deep that it does harm to your body. If you're still feeling sick or dizzy I'd advice seeking medical help, and the sooner you do the better. As for family drama being a trigger to self harm, I can honestly say I understand because I been through it myself. Just remember, your family will never hate you even when boiling mad they will always love you. Sometimes in the heat of the moment we do things we regret, but it's never too late to apologize and move on. Next time a situation like this arises may I suggest maybe going to your room, cooling off, and then talking it out. If you try and talk it out while mad at each other, things will just become worse and more anger will build. I hope this helps, and my PMs or VMs are always open. Stay strong and remember there is always an alternative to self harm you can find many http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ing-self-harm/ <--here. We love you and hope you're okay!

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sydney1999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i hate family - July 30th 2013, 07:38 PM

I am sorry you had an argument with your family and you ended up cutting really deep. You gotta keep the wound clean though because if it gets infected you will be in a lot of trouble. PM me if you ever need to talk

Life goes on. People move on. It'll be okay.

Closed Thread