TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

When I thought these things were gone....I GUESS NOT! - September 19th 2013, 11:54 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My Life has been in so many different places recently. Dealing with New Things. I thought my suicide thoughts were gone but they wernt. I kept a small package of blades in my room hiding for certain reasons but NEVER TO US THEM. I ended up havin a BAD day one day & taking One & slicing my hand....My fiancé found them & threw them away which irritated me & told my mother that I had those. My parents still think im not doing it anymore but I wasn't until One Slip. PLEASE HELP ME!
Im getting married in November & I don't want to hurt or kill myself or put myself in a LOONY BIN!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: When I thought these things were gone....I GUESS NOT! - September 21st 2013, 01:43 AM

Hey there,

Is there anything that is triggering these feelings? It might help if you work on trying to identify the things that are triggering your depression and thoughts of suicide. What is going on in your life right now that might be causing you to be upset enough to be contemplating these things? If you are struggling with figuring it out it might help to start keeping a journal and whenever you are feeling triggered you can write and slowly you might start to figure out what is triggering these feelings. Keeping a journal could also be a great way to identify the things that are triggering your self harm urges as well. Whenever you are feeling the urge to cut yourself you can turn to writing instead.

Would counseling be an option for you? I know that might be hard to consider but I think that counseling can be a great resource when you are dealing with things like self harm and suicidal thoughts. A counselor can give you a safe place to go and talk about things, help you work on finding healthy coping skills for everything and help you work on getting to a better place.

I am going to link you to the alternatives to self harm, here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ and whenever you are feeling an urge to harm yourself I suggest you look over that list and try some of the things. I know that sometimes it can seem like the alternatives do not work but if you keep using them your body can adjust to them.

Do you think that you could reach out to your fiance or your parents and let them know when you are having an urge to harm yourself? Let them be there and offer you support and allow them to help keep you safe. I know that can be really hard to do but sometimes when someone knows you are feeling unsafe it can be really helpful in keeping you safe because they can help talk you through the urges and stay with you until you are feeling a tad bit better.

I hope that this helped in some way and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
believeinme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: When I thought these things were gone....I GUESS NOT! - September 21st 2013, 07:24 AM

Hey Love. I know it's difficult to quit, trust me haha. But this is what I would do. Imagine yourself in a beautiful wedding dress, walking down the aisle. You look down at your flowers, and there you see red marks. Is that what you want to be thinking about when you walk down the aisle? I too am trying to quit. Just think that everything bad comes to an end. Everything turns out okay in the end. I'm always here to help if you need me Good luck Hun, and congrats for your wedding!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: When I thought these things were gone....I GUESS NOT! - September 23rd 2013, 03:24 PM

Ive been under a ton of stress. My dad is in the hospital & he's having surgery today...My mom has a ton on her mind. My dad is the only one who works in the household but I get a check that helps out a bit. Im trying to pass my GED so I can start College in January. My fiancé is just a BIG kid himself even though he works & everything. His mom is very Judgemental. She judged me by the first day she met me. She looked up my history from the past when I was 15 & which is gone. I was a Hard Headed Child but I graduated in 2010. I was living on my own until my parents lost the house I was staying in & I had to move in w/ them. Since my dad is the only one who works & Ive been putting in Apps everywhere & only got 5 Interviews & No call backs which really ticked me off but Not giving up, Its just SO TIGHT where we have to go to FoodBanks to get food, cant hardly pay bills & my dad will be out for 6 weeks in BED which he wont get NO PAY bc he already spent up his Vacation/sick time dealing w/ me & my mom & my brother. So its nostop. Im trying to keep a level mind but with everything going wrong around here I cant keep my head up & I just feel like doing something. I ended up hurting myself again yesterday. I told my fiancé. I have my license but its like $200 to put me on my parents car insurance & My mom is so UGH bout her Truck she wont even let me drive it. I don't have good credit so If I go to a dealer ship I need a cosigner & I already asked everyone who I could think of....& even buying one from a cheap car lot is way over my limit. My dad lied to me bout putting me on the car insurance bc he knows bout my mom & her truck. My fiancé has a Disability where he cant drive @ all....So, its like I was Independent once & Now Im not. Im having to ask for things & I get cussed out for it. When I try to bring it up its like Arguments. Im doing everything I can but I just don't see it. That's why I keep falling apart...

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: When I thought these things were gone....I GUESS NOT! - September 23rd 2013, 08:55 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot at the moment. I know it is difficult but the best thing you can do for yourself is to take it one day at a time and one problem at a time. It sounds like you are letting all these things pile on top of you and overwhelm you which is understandable but you should try to tackle each of the things going on one issue at a time. You are trying to look for a job and that will help you work on being more independent. Eventually you will work on getting a car. You can only do so much and if you let the stress get to you it will overwhelm you and cause you to harm yourself. Do you think you could try looking at each problem in your life as one separate obstacle for you to handle instead of one big obstacle to be handled all at once?

Something else that might help is if you took some time for yourself. I know with everything that is going on that might be hard to do but taking some time to do things you like to do can be really relaxing. It can also help when it comes to dealing with things like self harm. I know I try to take a certain amount of time out of my day to do one activity that I enjoy. So, maybe you can do the same thing. Try reading a book, painting your nails, going for a walk or watching a good television show. Just do something that relaxes you.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread