TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
juanx Offline
ĄCUTTERĄ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: juan pierre

Question I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 5th 2013, 12:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Since me and my friend and his girl moved in together,I felt so happy,the one night we were relaxing,watching tv and out of the blue he saw my cuts on my arms,he then told me that he doesn't want to see new cuts again,I made a promise............. I broke that promise,after two months I started again without him knowing,now I'm so afraid of what he will think and do when he sees my new cut,I'm so under stress every day since I started again cutting,I just want him to know that I'm sorry that I broke my promise and cutted again,but how do I tell him,I don't want to lose my best friend,he has always been there for me........what can I do?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 5th 2013, 02:50 PM

Juan,

First of all, your friend cannot expect you to just 'stop'. If he had any relative background of self-harm he would realise that it's a learning process - a gradual one at that. You cannot simply stop cutting immediately, you ARE going to relapse at one point, everyone does.

My advice to you would be to tell him straight, rather than waiting for him to find out himself, and if he's a real friend he should understand what you are going through, how you feel and why it happened. You just need to wait for your opportunity, preferably away from his girlfriend assuming that she doesn't know or understand anything that is going on in your life.

I hope all goes well for you and goodluck!

~Jack.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
juanx Offline
ĄCUTTERĄ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 5th 2013, 06:14 PM

Hi jack,how are you?thank you for your time reading my posts,yes,my friend does have a relative background of selfharm,I will use the advice you have given to me and go and talk to him about what I'm going thru right now,I know its just stupid and simple things,but its affecting me on the inside......thanx again

(#4 (permalink)) Old
amanera_b Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Re: I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 5th 2013, 09:22 PM

Oh, honey, I know exactly what you mean!
The best thing you can do is just be honest with him. I know it's hard. I was terrified to talk to anyone about my cutting, but to be completely honest with you, I'm so glad I did! Just carefully bring it up, and let it go from there. Remember: it's okay to cry! Just let it out, and he will understand, I promise!
PM me if you want to talk!

"Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - Winnie the Pooh

(#5 (permalink)) Old
juanx Offline
ĄCUTTERĄ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 5th 2013, 09:41 PM

Hi amanera,thank you for the advice,ill try to bring it up,almost every night when I arrive home from work,I'm always happy but he can see that something is wrong or bothering me and he told me that if there's a problem,I must tell him,I really want to talk to him but just don't know how,that's the problem I have when it comes to me telling someone the problems I'm having and the things I'm going thru,I just play that happy person all day long untill I go to bed,then all the thoughts are coming back,but I hope that he will understand and help me to get thru this....thanx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I'm sorry,I don't know why but I'm sorry - November 6th 2013, 07:43 PM

Hi again Juan,

You say you have trouble telling your friend what's wrong? I suggest that if you can't tell him face-to-face, that you write your thoughts down onto paper, just as if you were venting everything out, so he can understand the severity of what you're going through.

Another option is to write him a letter, saying exactly what you want him to know, and just put the letter in his room, or somewhere that he can find it easily. Just leave a little note in the letter saying something along the lines of "I've been trying to tell you this for a long time, however I've never had the courage to do so but...".

I assure you that everything is going to be okay, it's a long journey but I know you can do it!

Best of luck,

~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.”

Closed Thread