TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 01:26 AM

I don't care who I hurt anymore or how bad the cuts get, I'm never gonna be able to stop cutting. It's just not a possible thing for my life. Now that I've accepted this it's going to be a lot easier to get over and live my life.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 01:40 AM

Hey there,

Just wondering, why is it that you have given up on quitting? Has quitting been a struggle for you, or have things come up in your life that you'd rather cope with using self harm?

Nobody can really force you to quit. We can tell you how to quit, if you'd like, but ultimately, it has to be up to you to decide that you want to. Maybe one day you will be ready to quit since life does change and things happen that may make you want to quit, since I do think recovery IS possible, a person just has to put the effort in in order to do it. But, whether you have reached a point in your life where you want to quit or not, we will support you through it.

Even if you don't quit currently, maybe you can speak to someone about the problems in your life that are causing you to want to cut? It can at least help somewhat to have people around you can go to when you need to talk, and maybe they can help you solve things, or at least feel a bit better.

As I said, no matter what you choose we are here to support you, and if you do decide to quit someday, we are here to help.

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 01:49 AM

I've tried quitting many times and always fail, and my home life and school life is so hard that I just don't see it possible to quit so long as I'm stuck here. I have no other ways to cope, and my parents refuse to get me the mental help I need. After a screaming match with my mom, I flat out told her she was making me want to cut and she just screamed more and told me she didn't care. My one reason for trying to quit is my amazing boyfriend, but I'm to the point that I see no way to cope with my emotions and what's happening in my life besides cutting. I find it impossible to quit because I always end up failing and going back to cutting.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
GolfWangg Offline
I live for the APPLAUSE.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yalitza De Los Santo

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 02:23 AM

I had been cutting since the fifth grade, I'm now a sophomore in high school. It became my addiction. But I stopped because I hated disappointing my mother. I've been clean since the beginning of this year, but I miss it. Quitting isn't really that hard if you have something that can help you feel better instead of cutting. For me, that thing was music, and writing my feelings.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 02:41 AM

I haven't found anything besides being hugged and held and having my back rubbed that helps me. And my family thinks I'm too old for them to do that, so the only one I have that'll do that for me is my boyfriend. And since he can't very well live with me right now, I struggle a lot more to quit than most people seem to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 11:48 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to control yourself, but believe me you can do it! Here on TH will can give you all of the support and help that you need, but you need to be willing to give it another go, and get back up when you fall down. Quitting is hard and you will most likely relapse several times before you finally beat it. But IT IS worth it I promise you.

Have you tried out venting your emotions rather than physically harming yourself? Most people find that venting is a productive way to channel your emotions, so you're less angry or upset. The results of this being that you find yourself less likely to want to cut more or deeper than you did prior to venting, and in some cases this can kill the urge completely.

If you don't want to try that, try thinking about how your boyfriend makes you feel and how happy you are when you're with him. How seeing you do this to yourself makes him feel, how upset he gets when you tell him. Thinking thoughts like this should make you want to stop what you're doing, put down the blade, be strong. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your boyfriend, because I guarantee that he does not want to see you go through this.

If you still find yourself struggling to stop physically harming yourself, I suggest you try out some of the alternatives to self-harming here:

I know you can do this! Be strong, and feel free to VM/PM me if you want to talk.
~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: I give up on quitting - November 9th 2013, 03:31 PM

Hey,

I am sorry that you are finding it hard to control yourself. I know recovery is hard and slow but if you put your mind to it then you will get there.

Have you tried scrunching newspapers whenever you feel like you need to self harm. Remember that TH is here for you.
If you ever want to talk feel free to PM/VM me.

Love From Meera xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

Closed Thread