TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11

how do you "hang out" with friends outside of school? (yes has to do with relationship with girl) - December 11th 2013, 10:30 PM

Ok… i was a decently socially active kid in elementary school up until some very dramatic family stuff happened and i spent most of middle school between fights in my mom and dads house… but that all ended in 8th grade (and i am completely over it so thats not what this is about), but it turns out that those 3 years of being locked in my house did a number on my social life…

Now I am a sophomore in high school and I am doing a lot better. I have basically resurrected my social life in that, no one doesn't like (except for one but he was extremely unreasonable, and seeing how he turned out it inspired me to change my own personality, now I try to be the most friendly and agreeable person to everyone). I have a lot of friends now but I am still struggling on a few things that I practically forgot how to do…

the most important right now is that i literally forgot how to hang out with friends outside of school. In school I have lots of friends, I have friends on the swim team, and in the drama club but I can't seem to make plans to hang out with others outside of school. I almost don't get it… what do teens usually do after school to hang out and do invite/get invited to do such things. I am not sure why but I can't seem to figure out how to hang out with others outside of school…

And the other thing is basically the same problem but with a girl that I like. She is in the drama club as well but i can't talk to her there because she is an actress and I am on tech so we don't see each other much there, and she is in my English class but we don't sit near each other and the walk to her next class is too close to get into real conversation… But she is friends with a lot of my friends and if i can hang out with them more then I will probably end up hanging out with her too…

so basically I have 2 problems that ultimately have the same solution…

and don't get me wrong, I do genuinely want to hang out with my friends, its not just to talk to her, but talking to her is a bonus.

Thanks for reading my ridiculously long thread and giving me advice… LOVE U ALL
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kyle1006 Offline
A Friendly User
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11 Points: 6,483, Level: 11

Re: how do you "hang out" with friends outside of school? (yes has to do with relationship with girl) - December 13th 2013, 04:33 PM

You seemed to have solved your own problems in the same thread.
But yes, hang out with your friends more, and get to know her better. Try to get to know her as a friend without a romantic intent. Even start a conversation with her before/after classes, during lunch, or break (if you have one). Get her number or email or facebook. Just keep up conversation with her and get to know her.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11

Re: how do you "hang out" with friends outside of school? (yes has to do with relationship with girl) - December 14th 2013, 03:10 AM

I guess this was my fault for posting in the wrong thread, the problem isn't the girl, if i solve the first problem then i am fairly confident that I can handle myself around her as well, my real problem is that I don't know how to hang out with my friends anymore…

I just don't seem to be able to hang out with any of my friends or anything outside of school, that is the real problem that I need help with. (I probably put this in the wrong thread though…)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DedeTHESeed Offline
Not in use anymore.
Not a n00b

Name: xxxxx

Points: 8,590, Level: 13 Points: 8,590, Level: 13 Points: 8,590, Level: 13

Re: how do you "hang out" with friends outside of school? (yes has to do with relationship with girl) - December 14th 2013, 05:42 AM

You could always go bowling or go to the movies as friends. Shout her a drink at a local milk bar, and see what happens.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dragonblood Offline
hello there
Average Joe

Name: Call me Daff

Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12 Points: 7,059, Level: 12

Re: how do you "hang out" with friends outside of school? (yes has to do with relationship with girl) - December 14th 2013, 08:54 AM

Shout everyone out onto a "casual" date. Which might be going to the movies or whatever else people like you go out to.

Pretend you're being nice and ask her to come as well.

~the dragon one
Closed Thread